Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Love Lydia! I think the nn Liddy/Lydie is super sweet, and I love the Biblical and literary connections (although Lydia Bennet is much less savory than some of her older sisters!). Cleopatra is a bit much for me, but I think Lydia Augusta is lovely!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
    I want to like Lydia but thanks to someone I went to high school with all I think when I hear it is ... Lydia Chlamydia. Not a problem when they're young but potentially disastrous in the teenage years.
    I think chlamydia too. Though i did have an acquaintance that was called Lydia and no one really made the connection.
    Teenberry who is obsessed with names - probably a minority on nameberry who likes popular names

Ladies: Holly|Charlotte|Lily|Chloe|Indigo|Zoe|Stella
    Gents: Jonty|Jordan|Hunter|James|Xavier|Cullen|Louie

I'm not a fan, to me it just sounds too old. I think it sounds too much like Lid of your. Me and my family have a joke about Lydia Dustbin.

I adore Lydia, I think it's such a pretty name, and Lyddie is adorable on a little girl too. I'm not a fan of Augusta or Cleopatra, sorry. I think a non-a ending middle name would be better. Assuming you want something fairly long:

Lydia Caroline
    Lydia Catherine
    Lydia Clementine
    Lydia Isabelle
    Lydia Margaret/Margeurite
    Lydia Rosemary
    Lydia Imogen
    Lydia Vivian/Vivienne
    Lydia Emmeline
    Lydia Penelope

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I love Lydia, but hubby won't get on board.

I love that it is a classic named that has been used consistently for over a century (in North America), without ever being really popular or trendy. It is one of those names that you can't go wrong with.

I wouldn't worry about the teasing potential. It is a classic enough and common enough that it shouldn't be a major issue. Lydia Chlamydia would get old really fast and isn't even that funny.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!