Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Caia is pretty and spunky! I like how it feels familiar but is very unique. I definitely prefer Kaia because I'm more used to it.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Caia is gorgeous! I tend to like names that end in the 'aya' sound-- very feminine and strong. I live in the US and I've never encountered a Kaya/Kaia/Caia. I'd love to see it used.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

I don't think Caia is 'out-there' whatsoever!
    It is beautiful.

Out of the suggestions so far, Caia Josephine is my favorite. Definitely flowy and feminine.
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~

To answer the question of popularity in the US, it was ranked 183 on the NameNerds combined spellings list for 2011. That seems kinda high compared to the #605 rank for the spelling Kaia (which is the most popular spelling currently, Caia was only given to 30 girls in 2011) on the SSA list, but when you take into account that there are 26 spellings listed (3 of which made the top 1000 on the SSA list) and the name was given to a total of 2061 girls it kinda makes sense.

I have a daughter named Kaia and I've met a couple others of various ages (with different spellings), so it's still not overly common, but I wouldn't say it's too "out there" either. I love it.

Some of my favorite combos:
    Kaia Avalon
    Kaia Rose
    Kaia Brooke
    Kaia Everleigh
    Kaia Sage
    Kaia Verity
    Kaia Ginger
    Kaia Josephine
    ~Meaghan Marie (26) & John Michael (27)~
    ~ Aubriella Braelyn (1/20/07) ~ Kaia Avalon (10/28/2008) ~ Aidyn Ryker (10/13/09) ~
    ~ Taylee-Rose Amethyst (1/22/12) ~ Lyric Amelie (7/27/13) ~ Baby #6 due (9/21/14) ~

Coralie ~ Rhiannon ~ Rowan ~ Guinevere ~ Taryn ~ Aveline ~ Saoirse ~ Ember ~ Aspen ~ Acacia
    Asher ~ Evander ~ Tobias ~ Merrick ~ Jasper ~ Avery ~ Sebastien ~ Rune ~ Emrys ~ Atreyu