Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Names you hear in a toy store!

So I work weekends in a toy store on the Gold Coast, Australia, and every week I'm stunned by some of the names I hear, both in good and bad ways to be honest!
    So far this week I've heard about a zillion Charlotte's, which is inconvenient (that's my name) but I've also witnessed mum and dad yelling out to:
    - Nixon
    - Cisco & Velvet (siblings)
    - Maggie & Perry (siblings)
    - Adanna
    - Lala (wondering if this was a nickname? Pretty sure it'd have to be...)
    - Aurora & Freddie (siblings)
    - Bridie
    - Devon (f)
    - Ellie & Evie (siblings)
    - Enzo

Wondering if anyone else works in a similar area of retail or with kids and have heard some great ones! :) I'll make sure to post if I hear anything else cool!
    18 // journalism student
    avid name lover, book devourer & tea drinker

{ caroline - julia - johanna - livia - romilly - theodora - eliza - ramona }
    { silas - ezra - abel - bram - hugo - rhett - nathaniel - callaghan }

Some cute names there! Nixon, Cisco (thats so cool!), Perry, Bridie and Enzo are all awesome.

I don't work anymore but before I got pregnant, I used to volunteer at the local library and read to the kids on the weekends sometimes.

Some memorable names were:
    Indigo & Mika - Sisters
    Quincy (b)
    Brooks
    Novalee
    Marty
    Dante & Christiana
    Fleur

They're pretty normal too me now but back then I thought they were pretty uncommon/unusual.
    Mum to:
    Fable Arizona & Amity Seraphina (2010)
    + Baby Boy due in September

@lucyyjames Indigo & Mika are a lovely sibset! And Brooks is just great! Hah I still think they're pretty unusual considering that most kids I seem to encounter are either called Ava, Ella, Jack or William.
    18 // journalism student

Awesome names!

I also work in retail, in one of the big department stores (think Big W, Kmart etc) so I hear plenty of parents calling their children. Olivia is a favorite, I'm always getting little girls who are excited to meet me because we share the same name.

But here are a few cool names I've heard (that I can remember)...

Briar (boy)
    Jezebel
    Arianna
    George "Georgie Porgie"
    Robert (Now I realize that its only outside the top 100 in Australia, but it was so refreshing to meet a little boy called this)
    Freya
    Last edited by sunshine kid; May 5th, 2013 at 08:23 PM.
    Kit | Susanna

@sunshine kid Aw Freya is lovely! Yeah I find it so refreshing to hear nice, classic names on little ones even if they're seemingly common. Today I met a little William as well as sisters Charlotte (so popular, and so annoying when mum calls out for the kid and I whip around to look!) & Sasha.
    18 // journalism student