Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Post Girl named Liv go with last name?!

Husband and I both love the name Liv Charlotte (nn Livy, LC, Charlie, etc)
    but our last name is UNDERWOOD and we are wondering if there is a possibility for teasing!
    What do you think? Is this name a dead end?

I don't think it will work. Have you thought about Olivia or Elizabeth instead?

I've always wanted to use Liv for one of my future kids but the issue is, no matter what surname you have it can sound a bit odd because it's such a common word in the English language on it's own, something we use all the time. May I suggest using Livia and calling her Liv or Livy? That was my intention should I ever use the name. It has nice Ancient Roman connotations too Livia Charlotte would be beautiful!
    20 // journalism student
    avid name lover, book devourer & tea drinker

tessa juliet | silas oliver

{ theodora - alba - ramona - livia - romilly - ada
    - eliza - eleanora }
    { archer - ezra - abel - nathaniel - hugo - rhett - ansel - ronan }

Cair Paravel :)
    Aww, that is a bit unfortunate. Have you considered something like Livia Charlotte, Livana Charlotte, Olive Charlotte, or Olivia Charlotte? I think you could still use the nn Liv, if she's not Liv Underwood all the time. Or even Lavinia Charlotte "Liv" or Elizabeth Charlotte "Liv". I've heard Liv is a Scandinavian form of Elizabeth/Elizaveta, so I think Elizabeth nn Liv could work.

Good luck!
    twenty-something namenerd & aspiring novelist

Audrey Lila Pearl | Casper Nathaniel Eden | Adele Sofia Eloise | Zane Alexander Caspian | Aurora Cecilia Anouk | Grant Frédéric Conrad
    Zoe Charlotte Jane | Schuyler Daniel Grey | Penelope Isla Jane | Dashiell Lion Elias | Carolina Esther Jane | Rory Sebastian Rufus

I've recently started a new story--feel free to come along with me for the journey!
    Chapter 2 is now up!!

I think Liv as a first name would bring on several teasing opportunities. Sorry. I agree, that Going with Olivia or Elizabeth would be a good option for you with a nn Liv/Livvy.