Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Girl named Liv go with last name?!

Husband and I both love the name Liv Charlotte (nn Livy, LC, Charlie, etc)
    but our last name is UNDERWOOD and we are wondering if there is a possibility for teasing!
    What do you think? Is this name a dead end?

I don't think it will work. Have you thought about Olivia or Elizabeth instead?

we like olivia, but feel that the connotation is olive toned skin and we are PALE haha not to mention it is out of control popular

I've always wanted to use Liv for one of my future kids but the issue is, no matter what surname you have it can sound a bit odd because it's such a common word in the English language on it's own, something we use all the time. May I suggest using Livia and calling her Liv or Livy? That was my intention should I ever use the name. It has nice Ancient Roman connotations too Livia Charlotte would be beautiful!
    18-year-old name addict!

caroline - julia - johanna - livia - romilly - theodora - eliza - ramona
    silas - ezra - abel - bram - hugo - rhett - nathaniel - callaghan

currently in love with: caroline isobel lark and rhett amory francis

Aww, that is a bit unfortunate. Have you considered something like Livia Charlotte, Livana Charlotte, Olive Charlotte, or Olivia Charlotte? I think you could still use the nn Liv, if she's not Liv Underwood all the time. Or even Lavinia Charlotte "Liv" or Elizabeth Charlotte "Liv". I've heard Liv is a Scandinavian form of Elizabeth/Elizaveta, so I think Elizabeth nn Liv could work.

Good luck!
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus