Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Baby Showers

I agree that a registry is a good idea (especially for weddings when it's big house-related things the couple's probably wanted for a long time), it's nice not to go shopping blindfolded. I however like for people to be creative and get me what they want me to have. I might be lucky though, my friends and family are amazing at getting good presents. I find money and gift certificates to be tacky though... I'd never give that, and I'd hate to receive it as well. So impersonal! And I think it's bad taste because you see the actual money people has spent. And I have to say, I want the presents we'll get for our wedding are personal and fun and things that when I look at them I think "Oh, that's from Lots (or whoever)".

Lex, I love how you went about the cot sheet thing. That's what I like. You knew what they needed, and what kind of things they like, and then you found something you wanted to give them. Very clever.
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014