Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Baby Showers

Threaded View

1. Like others, I've never heard of a baby shower being given post-baby. I find the idea a little strange, but, eh, I guess it doesn't really matter.

2. My best friend had showers for all three of her children. (But they were with different partners.) I thought it was great! Every baby deserves to be celebrated. When I was little, I came across pictures of my mom's baby shower when she was pregnant with me. I asked her where the pictures for my younger sister's shower were, and I remember being SO UPSET that she didn't get one. It just didn't seem fair. But there are other ways you can celebrate a baby than just a traditional shower if the mother feels awkward about asking for more gifts. Like others have mentioned, you can have a diaper shower, or I really like the idea of "sprinkles" that sweetpeacelove talked about. Or just some sort of party would be fine, and people can bring gifts if they felt like it. I just would really hate for one of my kids to experience the same sadness I felt when I found out that my sister's birth wasn't celebrated.

3. Yes, it is a sweet idea! I went to a shower about a year ago where we were asked to bring a copy of our favorite children's book for the new baby. I loved that so much that I suggested to my best friend (who threw my shower) that she do the same when she sent out the invitations. We now have a nice little library of children books set up in the nursery.
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar, Catherine "Cate" Ophelia, and expecting baby Nicander (Veronica Seraphine or Alexander Silvan(?)) in late Feb. 2016!
    Future Daughter: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania
    Future Son: Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity