Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Best name? (if you like 2 equally you can vote twice in same poll)

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delilah Irwin

64 47.41%
  • Xanthe Irwin

41 30.37%
  • Artemis Irwin

34 25.19%
  • Lark Irwin

39 28.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Please vote: Wildly different baby names & a month to go...

OK, so I've got just over a month left to delivery date and we've been through every name in the world it seems... And most of our choices are wildly different from one another (probably his/hers naming styles being different and only a few names being acceptable to both).

Initially we were trying to find a name with a consonant ending to work better with our vowel surname but gave up!

Here are the contenders - would you please vote and if you have time tell me why you chose what you did?

Delilah Irwin (I've long loved this name. But how bad is the dodgy biblical namesake connotation? Don't care about the song.)
    Xanthe Irwin (I adore this - the 2 syllables, the meaning, it matches elder daughter's name (Iris). Husband not keen, might persuade him.)
    Artemis Irwin (This was set then we had cold feet: Is it pretentious? Nickname would be Mimi)
    Lark Irwin (Husband loves. I don't like the lack of history and slightly too alternative feel.)

(ps Using Delilah might provoke a bit of a tempest in a teacup as it is the name of my husband's half-aunt's 15 year old daughter. Ie both my baby Delilah and that Delilah share a late grandfather)

My vote is for Artemis Lark. And then her initials would be ALI which is another cute nn option.
    I don't know about pretentious but it has a similar feel to your other names, it has history and it has nn potential (love Ari) so I don't think it's too bad. And there are plenty of other "pretentious" names on the rise and I think it's far more pretentious to make up your own name than it is to use a classic old name that's a bit on the extreme side.
    Artemis Irwin is an amazing name.
    And I think Delilah would cause too many problems, and Lark seems to stray too far from your style, and Xanthe is on the tacky side of pretentious for me.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I voted Delilah Irwin. I love the lilting sound, and I think it's a great sibling name for Iris. I also loved Artemis, though you're right- it might sound slightly pretentious. Xanthe also sounds gorgeous, but I'm not loving Lark.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

With a big sister named Iris, I like Xanthe the best - it's pretty but spunky at the same time. I think the consonant ending names of Artemis and Lark aren't ideal with your surname because they run into each other (Artemisirwin and Larkirwin - this one is worse than the first!). I like Delilah but it may be too much "i" with a sister Iris.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I love Delilah with sister Iris. I also think Lark would be very cute.