Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Smile Please tell me your favourites ...

I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant and no closer to narrowing down my list. What would you choose from ...

Ianthe
    Fern
    Harriet
    Isis
    Iris
    Ines
    Nell
    June
    Adelaide
    Clementine
    Cleo
    Remy
    Genevieve
    Eve
    Pearl
    Opal
    Evelyn
    Elke
    Juliet
    Quinn
    Margaret
    Clara
    Mia

They're a bit all over the place, the longer I look, the more uncertain I get!

Feel free to suggest other names that you think I might like, as no name has yet proven perfect and I keep thinking I might find that elusive 'aha' moment name.

If you want to make any combos with two middle names, then please do. Thank you.

What a lovely list! I love your style. My favorites are: Harriet(I am not a big fan but nn Hattie is adorable and it's growing on me), Genevieve, Nell and Margaret. I will try and do some combos:
    Clementine Remy Pearl
    Adelaide Opal June
    Margaret Ianthe Fern
    Genevieve Clara Eve
    Evelyn Elke Quinn
    Isis Remy Genevieve
    And some suggestions based on your names:
    Beatrice
    Henrietta
    Cordelia
    Bianca
    Ruth
    Theodora
    Carolina
    Isadora
    Violet
    Lucy
    Nicola
    Gwendolen
    Matilda
    I am sorry if none of these are your style
    Victoria

Each magician has his own power sign...
    * Hector & Leontine
    ♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓ are under transformation into heroes and queens!

Thank you Lexiem. I think I am leaning towards Ines ... it is easy, cute, bilingual and grows up well. I know that DH is pushing for Clara for the same reasons. It is nice to see that both fall into your love category. Naturally, that might change! I'm finding it hard to give up the frillier girls name options (this will be my last baby) that I have loved for so long, like Clementine and Adelaide.

Alzora thank you so much for your in depth response.

The pronounciation issue with Ianthe had been bothering me. I think you are right and it is time to strike it from the list!

In Australia Harry doesn't seem to have the 'hairy' sounding pronounciation that it does in the US! I think Harry is an adorable nn for a little girl.

Ines is in there because half the family speaks spanish and we know it'll be easy for them to pronounce as well as recognisable in English. DH is from South America.

Oh, Nella, I quite like that.

I like to hear that you like June. Everyone else I've mentioned it to has screwed up their noses and described it as plain and old, but not in a good way.

I've always imagined that Adelaide would get the nn Lady, I never even thought of Addy, but I suppose that that may come about in school.

I love Cleo and Remy too.

No, we have no German heritage, maybe it is time to strike Elke from the list.

I'd never consider a double barrel name but I must admit Mia-Mae is pretty cute. There is something lovely about repeated 'm' sounds.

Just a thought ... if our surname begins with S is it an issue that the first name would end in S and the sounds would run together? Or does it not really matter?

I hadn't even been testing the names with our surname!