Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I remember loving your reasoning for using Sawyer. Isn't Sawyer indirectly in honor of your father? Sawyer Blue is very androgynous, unlike Rowan Jane, so I would strike that from the list. Sawyer Wren sort of has the same issue, and the back-to-back "r" sound isn't ideal.

Sawyer Faye and Sawyer Alys are both nice. Sawyer Alys is my favorite; I really like the flow, sound, and feel I get from it.

Are you pronouncing Sawyer as "saw-yer" or "soy-yer?"
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

I like Sawyer Fae. I generally prefer the Faye spelling but Sawyer already has a "y" in it. It's a pet peeve of mine but I don't like fn and mn's to both have y's in them. However, I would have chosen Sawyer Alice if it wasn't spelled Alys with a y.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

All of them are lovely, the only one I'm not super fond of with it is Alys.

Sawyer Faye would be my pick. Though I prefer Merit. Merit Alys or Merit Blue would both be fabulous.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I like Sawyer Fae. I generally prefer the Faye spelling but Sawyer already has a "y" in it. It's a pet peeve of mine but I don't like fn and mn's to both have y's in them. However, I would have chosen Sawyer Alice if it wasn't spelled Alys with a y.

@southern.maple - Sawyer should always been pronounced as "soy-yer" never "saw-yer".

Other Suggestions

Sawyer Tess
    Sawyer Gwen
    Sawyer Nell
    Sawyer Maeve
    Sawyer Claire
    Sawyer Belle
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Wow... we've been crazy busy the past few days and I haven't had a chance to get back to this thread! So sorry! Anyway...

@freya55, Alys is pronounced like Alice, maybe with a softer A.

@paw, I am definitely looking for short classic names in the middle, but they have to be spunky and have some personal significance to us like Jane. Rose and Claire are "filler" middles to me.

@dindlee, I totally know what you mean about Jane and Alys having a connection.

@southern.maple, Sawyer does (subtley) honor my father so maybe Blue isn't necessary. I do get how Sawyer and Wren kind of run into each other. The last name has a prominent R sound as well, so I think Wren will definitely not work.

@Mischa, I do pronounce it more like soy-yer but it has a prominent W sound to me.. I don't know if that makes sense but it's the same with Rowan. Your brain senses there is a W but it's not the typical W sound. Also, I am using Alys over Alice because it's an indirect way to honor my Welsh heritage and my grandmother's home country. Not just sticking random y's in names.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.