Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    Since Sawyer is obviously a boy's name, which is going to give your daughter enough trouble, I would strongly suggest choosing a feminine middle for her to fall back on, preferably one with a number of nickname possibilities. Sawyer Faye or Sawyer Alice are the best combinations from your list. Sawyer Elizabeth would work even better.
    I grew up with a "boys name" and it never gave me any trouble. She wouldn't need a name to "fall back on." Frankly, it is condescending and rude to suggest my name choice is so vile and wrong that she must have a plain name to fall back on. Obviously I should stop posting threads about my choices because most of the "help" comes from people only choosing the most feminine choice and not actually giving me advice on the sound, flow, rhythm, etc. of the name.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I'll go against the grain here and say that I love Sawyer for a girl, and don't like it for a boy.

Sawyer Faye - I think the flow on this one is lovely and Faye to me isn't the most feminine, but the spunkiest of your choices. I think the style of both names complement each other very nicely.

Sawyer Alys - I didn't read the other replies, but I'm going to assume Alys is an alternative spelling of Alice. While the names together create a great flow, I must admit that I like the look of Sawyer Alice over Sawyer Alys more.

Sawyer Blue - I'll be honest here and say that this looks and sounds like a boy's name to me. Blue is just so masculine to me, and even though I find Sawyer more feminine than masculine, Blue really does tip the scale to boy to me. Perhaps another color name or another name relating to the color blue, like Sawyer Indigo or Sawyer Teal or Sawyer Azure?

Sawyer Wren - I like the look of this one a lot, and the sound of the combo together is very spunky and earthy (a plus in my book!). However, since you have the possibility of it clashing with your last name, I would advise going with another Sawyer combo- you really do have some lovely ones listed!
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

I think Rowan and Sawyer match beautifully together. I like Sawyer Alys a lot! My second choice would be Sawyer Faye. Sawyer Blue is a nice nod to your dad, but, as a few people have said, it's not a great combination (especially with the celebrity influence). Sawyer Wren is nice, but if Wren clashes with your surname, then maybe choose something else. If you're looking for the name with the best flow, it's definitely Sawyer Faye (two/one syllable count).
    Last edited by sarahmezz; May 7th, 2013 at 03:16 AM.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Out of your picks I love Sawyer Faye, Faye is so sweet and I've just been loving it so may be a bit of bias. My second pick is Sawyer Blue but dropping the 'e'. I'm not sure why but Blue has always looked masculine while Blu looks feminine.

The suggestion of Sawyer Adele is also great! That combo actually popped into my head then I came and saw someone else thought of it.

Sawyer Inez
    Sawyer Carys
    Sawyer Eve
    Sawyer Niamh
    Dayton.19.*Hopeful* Future Mom
    Naming future twinkles...
    Girlies:Aella Dorothy {Plum}.Judah Elisabetta {Whimsy}.Snow Amalija {Anne}
    Guys:Aubrey Jermaine.Eden Trust.Amias Calico "Mia"(My-uh)

Quote Originally Posted by rowangreeneyes View Post
    I grew up with a "boys name" and it never gave me any trouble. She wouldn't need a name to "fall back on." Frankly, it is condescending and rude to suggest my name choice is so vile and wrong that she must have a plain name to fall back on. Obviously I should stop posting threads about my choices because most of the "help" comes from people only choosing the most feminine choice and not actually giving me advice on the sound, flow, rhythm, etc. of the name.
    I am honestly confused by this reaction. If you posted soliciting middle names for a boy named Sophia or Claire, people would suggest, well, boys' names. How is this any different?

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...