Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Ambrose troubles...any advice?

So Ambrose along with Finn, Viggo, Dimitri and Aurelius is on my final 5. However I've just recently encountered a problem that could come up later on with Ambrose...

My fiance's sister and I were having a chat about our final 5. She loved them and asked if we were going to have more children after our son to which I replied maybe in a year or two. Then the topic of future daughters names came up and I told her that if we have a daughter next time, we might go with a Rose- name like Rosalind or Rosamund. However she pointed out that if we name our son Ambrose then we would already have a boy with rose in his name and that it wouldn't be a good idea to use a rose name for a daughter because our son could get teased or we might lock ourselves in a theme of rose- names.

This is really bugging me because I don't want to get rid of Ambrose but I don't want to rule out the possibility of girls names with Rose in them since Theo and I both love so many of them.

I'm unsure of what to do. Please help berries.. what do you think? Can an Ambrose have a sister named Rosemary or Rosalind?

Thanks in advance!
    ~ Claire

I honestly think it's too close; you're better off having one or the other for a first name. However, you can probably get away with having Ambrose in the middle slot, or your future daughter having a Rose name as her middle name. I myself think that Dimitri Ambrose is quite handsome.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

Thanks for the feedback!

Hmm do you think rose names that have a different pronunciation on the rose ( like Rosalind which can be said roz-ah-lind or Rosamund which is said roz-ah-mund) could make a difference at all?

Quote Originally Posted by clairedelune View Post
    Thanks for the feedback!

Hmm do you think rose names that have a different pronunciation on the rose ( like Rosalind which can be said roz-ah-lind or Rosamund which is said roz-ah-mund) could make a difference at all?
    Sound-wise, I think it can be pulled off, however, someone looking at your children's names might think it's odd if you have Ambrose, Rosalind, and Dimitri as a sibset, for example. They might wonder where the 'Ros' part is in Dimitri's name, haha.

Perhaps, if your son turns out to be Ambrose, and you have a future daughter, you can give her a Rose name in the middle slot, then call her by her middle name as a nickname? I guess it's a little pointless, but it keeps you from being stuck in a Rose pattern, if that's something you want to avoid.

For what it's worth, a second boy could be Penrose, Rosevelt/Roosevelt, or Rosendo in a Rose sibset, so you have options if you do end up going with a Rose pattern.
    Last edited by tay2thestars; May 12th, 2013 at 12:47 AM.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

Hmm I guess I will have to do some deep thinking about whether I'd like to keep Ambrose....I really don't want a theme....but it will be hard as I love the softness, masculinity, history and uncommonness in Ambrose which is hard to find in boys names. Plus the fact that it is the only name on my list keeping my interest at the moment...

Thanks for your help!