Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does this work?

Does this work?

What do you think of Rory as a nickname for Caroline? I know it is a stretch, but I love Caroline, but would cringe at Carrie or Cara and have a cousin named Lena, so Lina is out...

I've also thought Cora may work?
    Ladies
    Avery Catherine Lucille ~ Caroline Ruby Elizabeth ~ Clarity Jessamine Leigh ~ Josephine Louisa Danielle ~ Rosemary Margaret Luna ~ Tessa Hermione Jayne

&
    Gentlemen
    Desmond William Beau ~ Elijah Laurence Rhys ~ Harrison Joseph Rene ~ Logan Christopher Knightley ~ Theodore David Henry ~ Whitney Benjamin John

Wishing to be pregnant... but having to be responsible and wait for now :P

It's your baby so you can call baby Caroline anything. I think Rory is cute idea and so is Cora. I've seen Callie suggested too as a nn for her.

Good luck!
    Check out this magazine dedicated to baby names - Matilda

My favorite names include Atlas, Cullen, Finn, Gulliver, & Wilder for boys and for girls Allifair, Coralie, Fia, & Mazarine.

I also know a Caroline that goes by Caro.
    I prefer Cora to Rory for Caroline but it's no more of a stretch that Rory as a nn for Lorelei and after Gilmore Girls that seems easily and readily accepted. If you love it. Go for it. AFter the first few weird looks nobody is really going to question it anymore.
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

Thanks for the imput! I think I just needed to see that other people thought it would work and it wasn't all in my head!!
    Ladies
    Avery Catherine Lucille ~ Caroline Ruby Elizabeth ~ Clarity Jessamine Leigh ~ Josephine Louisa Danielle ~ Rosemary Margaret Luna ~ Tessa Hermione Jayne

&
    Gentlemen
    Desmond William Beau ~ Elijah Laurence Rhys ~ Harrison Joseph Rene ~ Logan Christopher Knightley ~ Theodore David Henry ~ Whitney Benjamin John

Wishing to be pregnant... but having to be responsible and wait for now :P

Rory and Cora could both definitely work as nicknames for Caroline. I also like Callie. I will say, however, if you truly hate a nickname commonly attached to a particular name, I would look for something else. My mother-in-law chose Nicholas for my husband, but didn't like Nick. She insisted on the full name, and all was well until he started school. He came home after about a week and said he was Nick. He's been nothing but Nick from that day.
    Mama to Caleb Nicholas, Annabel Hope, and Grace Ramona
    <>