Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Emrys: I would pronounce it Em-Ris. I like it, but I guess this goes against your preferred pronunciation.

Kale is a vegetable, not a name. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. A delicious vegetable, it's true, but definitely a vegetable. I can't believe it's listed on this site as a name.

Emmerich I don't like primarily due to the spelling. Is it pronounced Em-me-rick or Em-me-rich? Either way, I can't say I love it. Merrick is fine, though!

I automatically read Em-Ris.
    Kale is vegetably but Cael would fix that and I like Cael
    Emmerich spelling poses a problem.
    Merrick I like but nn might be Merri
    Mommy to
    Noah William
    Eliana Beatrice
    Joseph Arthur
    Ethan James

I'd pronounce in Em-rees. And I just looked it up... being a Welsh nae, it should be pronounced Em-rees. I don't see it as girly, just a bit magical (due to Merlin). Kale is a veggy. Could it be short for something else? Caelum? Merrick reminds me of someone talking about the Civil War ship, the Merrimack, while chewing gum/ eating an egg. Callen's ok, albeit trendy... I do love the nn Cal. Emmerich is a bit too much for me... like I feel slightly overwhelmed when I first see it an need to figure out how to pronounce it. I'd assume Emma-rick. I much prefer Emrys... have you also considered Emyr? It's another Welsh name (Em-eer, similar in pronunciation to Emir).
    Emiliana Pari 郑煜曈 '14

XX: Artemisia Baran, Ilaria Katayoun, Acadia Laleh, Rosalind Soraya, Camellia Sitareh, Aida Tahmineh

XY: Raphael Artin, Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Aryo Matthias, Lorenzo Kaveh

Emrys is a great great name, it's in our own top 4 (perhaps currently the front-runner for us). However, I'm fairly certain the correct Welsh pronunciation is em-riss (Rhys sounds like rees, where Rys sounds like riss) I'm not a Welsh speaker myself, but I've done quite a bit of research on this particular name. I personally don't find it girly at all, has some similar sound qualities to names like Emmett/Emmerich/Emerson, which have no feminine name qualities according to my ear. If you don't like the 'riss' sound, but like the 'rees' sound a lot, what about going for the name Rhys?
    Kale, I don't like. It is indeed vegetably. And neither do I like Kade. Sounds like almost Kate, but not quite, almost Kaden, but not quite (I assume Kaden/Kayden/etc is a name nowadays, 'Aiden' sound with a random letter thrown in front (in this case a K)). Either way, Kale and Kade I don't like even a little bit.
    Emmerich is a great name (whichever spelling you go for-- Emeric is another option-- though I prefer Emmerich the best). Was floating around my top 10 for awhile. But I like Emrys quite a lot more.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

I pronounce Emrys as em-ris, and it is one of my favorite names.
    I don't like Kale, but I love Cael. especially since it was one of my ancestors names from the 10th century. to me Kale/Cale/Cael and Callan are too similar.
    Kade is too trendy
    Emmerich is too close to Merrick and Merrick is the better name
    ♥Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn♥

Favorites June 2016
    Elizabeth, Adelaide, Clara, Juniper, Amelia, Arabella, Beatrice, Imogen, Violet, Charlotte
    the rest of the girls

William, Jasper, Edgar, Morgan, Gilbert, Henry, Sebastian, Arthur, Basil, Monroe
    the rest of the boys

Lyra Primrose, Amelia Hyacinth, Emmeline Bronte/ Magnus Frey, Julian Mackenzie, Sebastian Lake
    the rest of my combos