Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Armand?

Armand?

So I think I really like the name Armand. I used to know an Armand in elementary school and I remember having no trouble saying his name back then but now I'm having a bit of trouble. Is it like almond with an "r" or is is like Arm-in? Arm-on? or some other way? Also what do you think of the name Armand? What kind of person does the name bring to mind? Does it work with a surname similar to Norseton? What would be good middle names for Armand ---- Norseton?

I went to school with an Armand. Said like Arm-ohnd. Some people said Ara-mond. He was really a kind person and actually quite sexy. Tall, slim but naturally muscular & dark complected.

Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    I went to school with an Armand. Said like Arm-ohnd. Some people said Ara-mond. He was really a kind person and actually quite sexy. Tall, slim but naturally muscular & dark complected.
    Yeah, that's the original way or more European way to pronounce it, I think. I consulted my brother, who was friends with the Armand I knew, and he was certain that our Armand pronounced it like Are + mund (like in Edmund or Raymond). I think I have heard of other people saying it my way. I was just confused because BtN says ar-MAWN is the only correct pronounciation (French) , and that is definitely not how I've heard it. Has anyone else heard ar-mund? Is it usable pronounced that way? Oh and does Ari work as a nickname for Armand? That idea just made me like it even more.
    Last edited by lovewn; May 3rd, 2013 at 12:14 AM.

I think Armand is a very handsome name! Sure, Ari would be a fine nickname.
    Armand Julius Norseton
    Armand Emmanuel Norseton
    Armand Gabriel Norseton
    Armand Bennett Norston
    Armand Zachary Norseton
    Armand Ezekiel Norseton
    Armand Everett Norseton
    Armand Elliott Norseton

If you want to say it in English it is fairly simple and can be said either ARM-on or arm-OND. If you want to say in proper french it is a little trickier. Behind the Names has it listed as ar-MAW (the R is rolled and the end sounds nasal).

http://www.forvo.com/word/armand/#fr

I like Armand and Armande (the female version). They aren't that uncommon where I live, although not overly popular either. I have a hard time picturing it on a small child or a baby, but would love to meet one.
    Last edited by uselesskitty; May 5th, 2013 at 11:23 AM.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!