Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Evangeline August

Hello!! I am getting closer and closer to due date and had finally settled on a girls name! Evangeline. However I seem to be stuck for a middle name! I really would love to use my grandfathers name, he passed away rather young and this will be the first great grandchild. His name was August. Which I'm noticing more and more is acceptable for a girl. So my question is, thoughts on Evangeline August ?! The last name is 2 syllable ending in -ey. Thanks!

Evangeline is gorgeous but August is a boys name. Augusta would be a great way to honor your grandfather. Evangeline Augusta is so beautiful.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Quote Originally Posted by scarletrune View Post
    Evangeline is gorgeous but August is a boys name. Augusta would be a great way to honor your grandfather. Evangeline Augusta is so beautiful.
    This is exactly how I feel. Well actually I like Augustine best but it felt overdone with Evangeline so Augusta just seems perfect.
    Evangeline Augusta ___ey
    Aurelia - Endora - Illyria - Lorelei - Merida - Ofelia - Penrose - Tabitha - Viola - Zenobia
    Alaric - Anton - Cedric - Dexter - Erich - Felix - Hector - Hendrik - Leonidas - Victor
    Engaged to the best Man in the World. (God-mama to Lawrence, a little bundle of sunshine).

I like Evangeline August a lot, especially due to the connection with your grandfather.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline Pearl & Elizabeth May; Claire Josephine & Rose Genevieve;
    Jack Andrew & Liam David; James Frederick & Luke Benjamin

I love Evangeline and August in the middle spot is a fine way to honour your grandfather.

Fun Fact: singer Garth Brooks has a daughter named August Anna.
    All the best,
    Mischa.