Names Searched Right Now:

Hybrid View

Does anyone know the meaning for Ersilja/Ersilia?

I heard this name recently on an old woman - it's pronounced Err sill ya. It's quite unusual and I was wondering if anyone had heard it before.
    Beatrice, Endellion, Alice, Lucia, Ophelia, Freya, Aurelia, Emily, Katherine, Hermione

Edward, Ignatius, Arthur, Benedict, Thomas, Whit, Theodore, Wilder, Archer, Henry, Loki

My first thought was it sounds like "Ursula". Same meaning, maybe?
    Proud furmom to:
    Pepper, Kuno, Mia, Rosalind, Gwendolen & Cecily
    Currently loving:
    Elysia Maeve~Marina Isolde~Linnea Violetta~Minerva Sophronia~Merida Ianthe~Eleni Finola
    Tiernan Hugo~Felix Lysander~Orion Casimir~Caspian Milo~Evander Anslem~Leonidas Gavin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cosima Helene & Emrys Jasper

BehindtheName says that Ersilia is pronounced er-ZEEL-yaha and is the Italian form of Hersilia. Hersilia is from Roman Mythology and was the wife of Romulus.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Thanks Scarletrune.
    Beatrice, Endellion, Alice, Lucia, Ophelia, Freya, Aurelia, Emily, Katherine, Hermione

Edward, Ignatius, Arthur, Benedict, Thomas, Whit, Theodore, Wilder, Archer, Henry, Loki