Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    Very interesting. I'm the eldest and have a younger brother. I definitely bossed him around as a kid and still do now! He didn't really get "girly" hand-me-downs - my parents bought him his own boys things.
    Same. My brother is three years younger than me but we're really close and have exactly the same sense of humour He's utterly useless at anything household chore wise though and mum let's him get away with doing very little which irks me somewhat! She says that men are just naturally less tidy. I don't know how far she actually means that but I don't agree with it at all; my brother is perfectly capable of cleaning a shower etc he's just too lazy to do it properly.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Interesting, I'm older than my brother and my mother raised us on her own for most of our early childhood. My brother is now married and seems to do everything in his house for his wife, cook, clean, house repairs and is the main bread winner. Don't know how that fits into your pattern.

I have 2 boys and a girl and am expecting another girl, so I wonder how that will pan out.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.

Well my husband is the youngest of 4, he has 3 older sisters. Honestly, he's a total nerd. If anything he got his shy, quietness, due to his loud mouth older sisters! I wouldn't say he has "girly" qualities. He likes to make/build things, play video games, he is a programmer, etc....

He grew up playing legos and often had to BEG his sisters to play with him.

The ONLY time he ever wanted to play with girl things was because he wanted his sisters to play with him. He had a barbie at one point, but that was because his sister's played barbie.... So basically I disagree, maybe they are pulled towards girly things, but I think it's just an attention thing, not a feminine thing.

Now that they are older, they get along great, but I definitely think he could have used a brother or maybe a more tomboyish sister when he was younger.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables