Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Honoring a friend but can't think of how!

So, I would like to somehow honor my absolute best friend Aubrey with part of a future babies name. Her middle name is Susan and her last name is very Irish and has the name Neil in it. I haven't really fallen in love with any Bre- names or Sue names and I'm running outta ideas :/

I thought that I could honor her by giving my son the first or middle name Neil. I love that name, love the meaning, and have positive associations with it. Butttt my boyfriend does not. He wants to honor his lifetime best friend, Tyler Keith. I thought a good choice would be Neil Tyler but he just hates Neil.

Anyway, it could be a girls name or boys name. Use both Aubrey and Tyler or just one. I'm not as concerned with Tyler's name cause it's easy to use. Help!

Thanks
    My Favorites:

Colette Kristine. Alice Evanna. Gemma Elizabeth. Mabel Verity. Rosalie Grace.

Jack Jeffrey. Carson Luke. Felix James. Leo Patrick. River Justin.

can't wait to marry my love!

favorite names this week: Jane 🌻 Oren

You say you don't like any Bre- names so how about Aur- names?

Aurora, Aurelie, Aurelia, Audrey, Laura, Maura (a typo meant I was called this once and apparently it's a real name) Even Cora, Dora, Nora all have the sound in, though you might have to spell it Caura, Daura, Naura which all look odd to me.

I don't know about for boys though.

Susan you could use the -an sound and anything that ends in -an.

Brendan, Aidan, Ryan, Logan, Ian, Keiran etc for boys

Rhian, Jean for girls, there's not many I can think of at all.

I like the idea using the aur sound but it doesn't strike me as something that reminds me of Aubrey. I just haven't found a Bri/Bre name I like yet. I do like Aurelie/ia though

and unfortunately my future sister in law just named their dog Aurora. Talk about stealing a good name!

Maybe I'll try and think of personality traits Aubrey has and find a name with that meaning. Is that a good idea?
    My Favorites:

Colette Kristine. Alice Evanna. Gemma Elizabeth. Mabel Verity. Rosalie Grace.

Jack Jeffrey. Carson Luke. Felix James. Leo Patrick. River Justin.

can't wait to marry my love!

Quote Originally Posted by mnmemily15 View Post
    I like the idea using the aur sound but it doesn't strike me as something that reminds me of Aubrey. I just haven't found a Bri/Bre name I like yet. I do like Aurelie/ia though

and unfortunately my future sister in law just named their dog Aurora. Talk about stealing a good name!

Maybe I'll try and think of personality traits Aubrey has and find a name with that meaning. Is that a good idea?
    Honestly, it's really up to you as to what reminds you of her, what sounds and combinations make you think of her.

Maybe instead of using her name you could use her favorite flower or a place you went together and has great memories of her or her favorite season/scent/color etc. Think of what reminds you of her and write out a list and see if anything can combine into a name.

For example, my mom's name is Wanda (not super beautiful) and she was always waking up early and so organized and sunny in the morning--if I ever wanted to honor her I'd use the name Dawn because it has all the letters of her name, it reminds me of her and it has some similarities to her middle name--so when I see the name Dawn I think of her. Don't try and force yourself to like a name you don't just because you think it may honor your friend.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin