Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Aubrey -
    Avery (although I prefer it for a boy)
    Audrey

Susan -
    Hannah (Susan - Susannah - Hannah)
    Lily (Susan is from Susana, which means lily)
    Shoshannah
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I also like using the meaning of a name and finding something that goes with it.

So Keith means wood (Tyler maker of titles) but for wood you could go with something like a tree name like Rowan or Ash or Cedar or, or, or...
    Ash made me think of Ashley (which is cool unisex but I love on boys) and I kind of liked how it had the first and last letter like Aubrey. In which case it could honor both you and your BF's friends.

Otherwise Aubrey means elf ruler. So I thought of Elvina, Elfrida, Oberon, Titania, etc. (I have Elva, Alaric, Erich and Victor all with a similar ruler, victory, elf theme in my signature). I think it just really depends on what you feel comfortable with.

Sorry I didn't come up with anything stellar for Bree- sounding names. Similarly spelt I had Brice, Brenton and Briar but none have that sound. (Apparently not so much my thing.)
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

Quote Originally Posted by mnmemily15 View Post
    I like the idea using the aur sound but it doesn't strike me as something that reminds me of Aubrey. I just haven't found a Bri/Bre name I like yet. I do like Aurelie/ia though

and unfortunately my future sister in law just named their dog Aurora. Talk about stealing a good name!

Maybe I'll try and think of personality traits Aubrey has and find a name with that meaning. Is that a good idea?
    Honestly, it's really up to you as to what reminds you of her, what sounds and combinations make you think of her.

Maybe instead of using her name you could use her favorite flower or a place you went together and has great memories of her or her favorite season/scent/color etc. Think of what reminds you of her and write out a list and see if anything can combine into a name.

For example, my mom's name is Wanda (not super beautiful) and she was always waking up early and so organized and sunny in the morning--if I ever wanted to honor her I'd use the name Dawn because it has all the letters of her name, it reminds me of her and it has some similarities to her middle name--so when I see the name Dawn I think of her. Don't try and force yourself to like a name you don't just because you think it may honor your friend.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

[QUOTE=kala_way;1884370]Honestly, it's really up to you as to what reminds you of her, what sounds and combinations make you think of her.

Maybe instead of using her name you could use her favorite flower or a place you went together and has great memories of her or her favorite season/scent/color etc. Think of what reminds you of her and write out a list and see if anything can combine into a name.[QUOTE=kala_way;1884370]

great advice! that's exactly what I was thinking too

The thing that stands out most about Aubrey is seriously what a great friend she is. She is the most honest, true friend and she is so easy to be friends with. Everyone loves Aubby. So maybe names that mean friend or friendship?
    Arden
    Esme* love love love Esme from JD Salinger
    Bellamy (is the my pronounced me or my?)

I also like the idea of using the same initials so maybe:
    Aurelie Sage
    Aria Sylvie

Thanks for all the help guys!
    My Favorites:

Colette Kristine. Alice Evanna. Gemma Elizabeth. Mabel Verity. Rosalie Grace.

Jack Jeffrey. Carson Luke. Felix James. Leo Patrick. River Justin.

can't wait to marry my love!

What about Amity? It has a modern feel, means friendship, and starts and ends with the same letters as Aubrey. And you could use nn Attie which is super cute!
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin