Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Arabella

Arabella

I am so sad! I just found out the one of the new teenage moms on Teen Mom 3 (a ridiculous show on MTV that glamorizes pregnant teens) named her baby Arabella. One of my daughter's names is Arabella which is both a family name (a great great grandmother that was actually a Lady in England) and one that I chose for its sophistication. I may not want to know the truth, but do you guys think this name will now be associated with this show & tarnished because of it?
    So sad

Heavens, no. Arabella is a lovely name, and I think a lot of people including me avoid shows like Teen Mom. Don't worry about it! Even now that I know, the name is not tarnished in my opinion.
    ~ Larissa

Araminta Lark
    Seraphina Daisy ~ Waverly Claire
    Zelda Marjorie ~ Romilly Violet ~ Cecily Darling
    Snow Evangeline ~ Marigold Francesca ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Mazarine Alice ... Penrose Elizabeth

They won't remember it. Nobody remembers everything they heard on TV.
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

That is kind of a bummer, but it's just a pop culture fad. Once our Arabella's get older, I can't imagine anyone will be relating them to some kid on Teen Mom. Hardly anyone will remember. It's a lovely name and one pop culture blip won't change that
    Current loves: Theodore & Rosalind

Mommy to Arabella and Jude

There are a lot more people who don't watch Teen Mom than those that do. I honestly do not think the Teen Mom association will stick around long, if it does at all. Arabella was already a common name before the show came out so it's not like it's some obscure name that would make it more likely to be associated with the show because it's rare.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly