Names Searched Right Now:
Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    New layout works great on my ipad. Looks nice and easy to use. I'm sure the glitches will be worked out over time. Great job Pam and Linda!
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian

Hi Pam and Linda! Glad to know you're keeping tabs on this thread. I too am experiencing the slow load times and the "every thread was started by me" phenomenon. I've also noticed the following design issues:

--The EE05 codes that southernmaple mentioned
    --At the top of the screen, the "now" in "names searched right now" is overlapped by the first name in the scrolling list. this is true in full screen and smaller, for both Google Chrome and Firefox (I don't use IE.)
    --When I click on the "My Stuff" link at the far right, the menu opens on the right-hand screen, and scoots the rest of the page over to the left, off the screen. There is no left-right scrolling on the bottom screen, so I have to close the "My Stuff" menu in order to see that left-hand portion of the page. In theory, I would think that either there should be a left-right scroll capability at the bottom of the screen (clunky) or that the page should automatically resize to accommodate the pop-out menu instead of being shifted off the screen. This error occurs in full-screen and smaller, in Google Chrome and Firefox.

My husband is a web developer, so maybe I'll have him poke around a little bit in the name of bug-testing

Thanks for valuing our opinions! I do love all the green and the softer colors.
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust_and_diamonds View Post
    I'm having a problem with the forums. Everytime I click on a thread it opens up fine, but if I want to see the next page I can't because everytime I click "next page" my safari app closes.

Edit: for instance, now that I have posted I can see page 7, but I can't go back to page 1 unless I go back to the board and select the thread all over again. Seeing pages 2-6 is still impossible for me no matter what though.
    Are you using an Ipad or iPhone? I'm using my Ipad with the same issue but all you have to do is hold down on the page number you're wanting to look at and wait for the tab to pop up with the options to "Open" or "Open in New Tab". Not sure if that works on iPhone.

@geeknamezyo Do you by any chance have an add blocker? That could be why you're viewing a large gap in between the names currently being looked at and the nameberry logo.

@poppy528 I tried Google Chrome and am still experiencing the same issue

Anyone else finding that the "reply" "reply with quote" and "quote bubble" as well as the "edit" options are sporadically missing?
    Last edited by lexiem; May 2nd, 2013 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Go figure now they are all there!
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

What I like:

I like the muted colors. I like all the green and it is just softer to look at in the dark.
    I like the new search area.
    I sort of love the new homepage!
    I like the new lists and that you can see what's going on in them.

What I'm not liking:

All the white. I would like it better if there was some colored borders around the thread or maybe a slight tint to the background because all the white is just...a lot.

I'm looking forward to:

Home pages dedicated to Girls’ Names, Boys’ Names, and Unisex Names, featuring a fantastic infographic by berry Steve Ruble on the ratio of girls and boys given the most popular unisex names over the past 130 years.
    a place for visitor comments on every name, a way for berries to contribute names to the site

Glitches:

I also had the "every thread is mine" thing but it seems to be doing better
    It's logging me in and out sometimes
    Every few minutes I get a page crash and a proxy warning
    It is loading a good deal slower but that might be traffic to the site
    The ticker at the top, the words and names are over lapping.

Overall, I like it 80/20 right now. I'll likely like it more as time goes on and glitches and what not get fixed. ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014