Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Greek names that are usable for non-Greek parents
    First baby due on September 7, 2015!

Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Jane - Margaret - Susannah - Violet

August - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Quote Originally Posted by karacavazos View Post
    I love Greek names... but I have a hard time sorting the names that have good associations with the names that don't. Some have great meanings and some have okay meanings. I'd like to see some cool, obscure names that could be usable for the more adventurous baby-namer.
    This!

Also, I'd like to see some cool undiscovered nature names, like Thalassa or Acacia.

I'll be looking forward to your blog posts!
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

Angel, how fun! I am not very interested in the mythology, but that might be being selfish as I have a masters degree in it. What I would like you to do though is to do something on the religious aspect of the names. You worship Athena and Pan, right? It would be very interesting to learn more about it from your perspective. I'd also urge you to (if you will do mythology which I am sure you will) focus on more obscure names, like the epithets, places of worship, river gods, thins like that. And I'd like to see something on ancient usable Greek names.

Good luck, I can't wait!!!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

So, obscure/adventurous names and not just the typical ones like Thea etc. I can do that (there's plenty to choose from). ^_^

Also, easily accessible Greek names.

Ottilie -- I told Pam I was going to try to find 12 names she'd never heard of so be sure I'll be going obscure sometimes ^_^. And I will for sure be trying to look into the unheard of gods/goddesses/ etc. As for the religious aspect, you're right about Pan and Athena. Would you elaborate on what you'd like in that aspect please?

Thanks ^_^
    Last edited by dantea; May 3rd, 2013 at 03:55 AM.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Oh, how super cool congrats.
    I think you could also talk about Greek names and their Roman counterparts (or other references derived from the Greek Gods).
    Esp, if you talk about which names might be easier to use by non-greek parents for their kids.
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...