Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    In 2008, the parents of a nine-year old girl in New Zealand lost custody of their daughter due to having named her Talula Does the Hula From Hawaii. http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...ips.newzealand

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    Justice, I would imagine, is banned because it's a title (for a judge).
    Thats the reason. In Australia Justice has gotten through but Princess and prince are banned and in some cases God Bless and Emperor.

This is on australia but maybe it might help: http://waltzingmorethanmatilda.com/2...ing-your-baby/
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

I don't know I feel like some rules could be beneficial.
    Germany has a no LN as a FN rule policy and some others like you can't use a chinese name for a non-chinese child, names have to denote gender (though not necessarily in the FN), and have to have been recorded as used in the past.
    However, if you provide written proof of why you feel this name is a good choice for your child in the long run, including
    evidence of how it has been used in the past or your family heritage usually they will be allowed. (They also limit the number of names you can give you kid to somewhere around 6 to prevent children from having 15 names -> in which case the government decided the parents were just too indecisive).

The main idea is not to unduly burden your child. (A law I feel that isn't so bad and could be in use in the US). Obviously, a lot of rulings are subjective but that also means they can be appealed in front of a different judge if need be. I can see Lucifer as a FN being very difficult to get through but could imagine that if you were Satanist that a reasonable judge might let it fly as a MN.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

I am not all for any of those names, but I too think the government should have no say in what someone chooses to name a child. Yes, maybe sometimes it is good for the child. (Who wants to be named Anal?)I also don't get the big deal with Luciter, or Justice. Sure the titles or meanings behind them may it be the best, but some people really like those names and should be free to use them. What Denmark does isn't so bad though, if you ask me. Though I see a problem when someone really likes a decent name and is denied the right to use it.
    Shealah
    Teenberry, name loving girl.
    xo

Favorites:
    Lucy, Madeline, Caroline, Kylie, Bryn, Audrey/Aubrey, & Sierra
    Eli, Caden, Camden, Riley and Caleb

Guilty Pleasures:
    Clementine & Tiara