Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Boys Names Blues

Why can't boys names be as easy as girls names? My husband and I decided on our girls names SO quickly, it was ridiculous! And neither of us has second guessed any of them. Boys names are always on my mind though. Yes, we have some picked out. And looking at just the boys list, I do like the names! But when I compare to the girls list, they just don't seem to match up!

Here are our girls options-

Cora Anneliese (LOVE Cora, not set on Anneliese though.)
    Ivy Louisa (Ivy Lou) Melts my heart when I say it!
    Lily Sophia (This is my least favorite, though I still really like it.)

Here is our mish mosh of a boys list-

Merrick Liam (nn Merri) My husband and I love the nn. He loves it becasue it reminds him of Kelly Slater (kind of a girls first name but used on a boy). Also it is part of the name of a surfboard company. I picked the middle name. Love Liam.
    Callen Thomas- We both really like Callen, just not sure we LOVE Callen. I love the nickname Cal or Calli. I think Brothers nicknamed Calli and Merri is ADORABLE. So surfer and unusual yet usable. Again, I picked Thomas. It is a family name. Kind of boring though, I know.
    We like these names as well, but would probably only use them as middle names-
    Fischer
    Forrest
    Cruz
    McCoy

Also, my dear husband would never use these names as first names (too boring for him) But I love them so much, that if they sounded perfect with a first name, he may agree to use them (That is how I got him to agree to Liam and Thomas!)

Noah
    Levi
    Benjamin
    Eli
    Isaac

Let me know what you guys come up with! Thanks!

Ha! Boys' names are very easy for me; it's the girls' names that are dreadful.

I really like Merrick. I prefer Merrick Levi over Merrick Liam though. Do you like Cormac? It has the same sounds as several of your favorites, and I like the idea of Merrick and Cormac as brothers. Cole, Oliver, Bram, Luca, Declan, Alec, Ronan, Quinton, Micah?
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

Thanks for the suggestions! The response my husband gave me to Cormac was "McCormac? Like the spices?" so that was a no. Cole's response was "Pole?" But he did say maybe to that, and he likes the spelling Kol (German). Declan got a maybe too. Not in love with any of them though. Thanks for the try! it is ahrd to even get a maybe out of him!

Cora, Ivy, and Anneliese are all wonderful! Merrick isn't my style, but if you like it, go for it... I am the opposite... I have a tough time with girls names, whereas boys names are very easy for us to agree on.

Cavan, Callum, Declan, Jasper, Teague, Talon, Asher, Braxton, Tate, Xavier, Zane, Quincy, Porter, Piers, Leif, Lars, Soren, Kenyon, Keane, Keegan, Keaton, Garrison, Dallin, Chayton, Booker, Archer, Bridger, Wilder, Whitman, Heath, Ian, Isaiah, Caleb, Clark, Clint, Clay, Kirk, Kent, Orion, Orin, Caspian, Hudson, Huron, Sullivan, Cyrus, Darius, Sawyer, McKay, McKennon, McGregor, Lachlan, Oleander, Stanton, Kai, Jericho, Connelly, Donnelly, Ryder, Emyr, Emrys, Eben.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

favorite names this week: Aviva🌻 Alaric