Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Future names conflict with current childrens' names

We just had baby #3 so we don't plan on #4 for a few years but I was thinking about future siblings and was wondering if all names we chose for our kids put restrictions on future names. I love names that are anywhere from a little unique(or really unique to non-berries) to way common. I always gravitate towards the more unique names but most of the time I go for the "safe" choice. (I sadly regret both my sons names) I feel that the names we currently love are too unique or don't flow with our current kids names. Does this happen to you? Do I need to nix names I love just because they don't flow?
    Our kids are: Lily, Chase, Zack
    Girl names I love: (Other names are welcome)
    Aislyn
    Campbell
    Chloe
    Dakota
    Esme
    Eden
    Finola
    Harlow
    Isla
    Kendall
    Nola
    Olive
    Penelope
    Riley
    Suri
    Shiloh
    Stella

Boys Names I Love:
    Austin
    Brody
    Chandler
    Emerson
    Finn
    Graham
    Grayson
    Hudson
    Jude
    Mason
    Milo
    Maddox
    Soren
    Lily Elizabeth 08/08/08 - Chase Steven 01/28/10 - Zack Francis 12/21/12 - Baby Boy 07/04/14
    Current Contenders: *HAVE NO CLUE*
    My little girl "name" in waiting: *Isla Josephine*

I never understand why siblings names need to match. When I asked on this very site, I only get it's doesn't. Well, your kids names don't need to match, go ahead and pick name you like. Don't let other kids names restrict you.
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

People on these forums talk about sibsets a lot as though it's something that really matters, but other than the aesthetic appeal when introducing all your kids, there's no actual positive or negative consequence to having a sibset that flows really well, or one that is drastically different and jarring! All your kids will grow up to be individual adults, will have their own feelings about their names, and they probably will not think about whether their names fit with their siblings or not (unless your kids are named something like Grace, Hope, Charity, and then the last is named something evil-sounding like Bellatrix!!!!). I think you should embrace what you love, and because you love it, your kids will too!

Among the names you listed, for girls I like: Chloe, Eden, Olive, Penelope, and Stella. For boys, I like: Finn (though would worry that it is getting to be over-used), Jude, Milo, and Soren.

...and they probably will not think about whether their names fit with their siblings or not (unless your kids are named something like Grace, Hope, Charity, and then the last is named something evil-sounding like Bellatrix!!!!).
    Kids have much bigger issues to complain about than non-matching names. Like, homework.
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

Some of your favorites could totally flow with your children's names!
    Chloe, Kendall, Stella, Austin, Brody, Milo, and Jude all work! Your current children all have fairly short, recognizable, and easily pronounced names so in the future, I would avoid throwing in names like the Aislyn, Penelope, Emerson, and Soren.