Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question Middle names for Lachlan?

We are expecting baby #6 this summer. He will join four brothers and a sister. We have obviously used our previous favorite boys' names already. And, the thought of just using a name that was leftover on one of his brothers' baby name lists bugs me. I don't know why it does, it just does. Anyway, we recently came across the perfect first name. And, very importantly, to me, one that hadn't crossed our radar as we named his older brothers...Lachlan. Lachlan is also a great fit for us because half of dh's family has viking roots, so the name's meaning has real meaning for us.

Okay, now to the question, middle names for Lachlan? I am out of fresh ideas! Names we will not consider due to them already being in use with his brothers and/or cousins are:
    Jason, Xavier, Griffin, Alexander, Jackson, Isaiah, Phoenix, Landon, Theodore, Lennox, James, Karl, Donald, Parker, Ryan, Jeremy, Thomas or Justin. Names that end with an L or double L (Mitchell, Dashell, Lionel, etc) are also out as they wouldn't work well with our last name.

The good news, that leaves a whole lot of names out there. The bad news, we aren't at all sure what to use and I really don't want to just pull out his brothers' old baby name lists and take a left-over off of one of them. It's very important to us that names have meaning but Lachlan itself fufills that for us so we are open to just about any middle name as long as we like the sound and flow of it with his other names.

Please help with middle names for Lachlan! Your suggestions are very appreciated!

Thanks for your response to my Lachlan thread! I enjoyed reading the reasons that you love the name. For us, the middle name paired with Lachlan would need to be a family name or biblical name. Here is a short list of what we have considered:

Lachlan Colin
    Lachlan Elijah
    Lachlan Vaughn
    Lachlan Elias
    Lachlan Silas

Husband wouldn't go for these but I love:
    Lachlan Oliver
    Lachlan Sage ("Wise Warrior")

I'm curious to see more suggestions.

I love Lachlan Silas. That's one we've tossed around for a few weeks, I think it's a great name. I just don't know that it's 'the' name. And I do like Lachlan Elijah very much! We used Isaiah for another one of our sons middle names and I think it flows just as well.

I really hope you do use Lachlan! It'd be nice to know another little Lachlan was out and about in the USA. I know it's very popular in some other countries but here it's so refreshinly rare!

Thanks for your response! Hopefully, we'll both get some middle name suggestions on this thread!

Lachlan Elias has great flow to me and sort of sounds like a mix of Silas and Elijah, so you might like it. If I'm reading your right, you kind of like something a little bit more adventurous in the middle spot.

Lachlan Blaize (or Blaine)
    Lachlan Henry
    Lachlan West
    Lachlan Wesley
    Lachlan Anders
    Lachlan Brooks
    Lachlan Jonas
    Lachlan Matthias
    Lachlan Rhys

It was hard to find names I liked for you that didn't end in "n"! I feel like Lachlan Mason or Lachlan Tristan for example sounds too rhymey.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowfinch View Post
    Lachlan Elias has great flow to me and sort of sounds like a mix of Silas and Elijah, so you might like it. If I'm reading your right, you kind of like something a little bit more adventurous in the middle spot.

Lachlan Blaize (or Blaine)
    Lachlan Henry
    Lachlan West
    Lachlan Wesley
    Lachlan Anders
    Lachlan Brooks
    Lachlan Jonas
    Lachlan Matthias
    Lachlan Rhys

It was hard to find names I liked for you that didn't end in "n"! I feel like Lachlan Mason or Lachlan Tristan for example sounds too rhymey.
    Thank you so much for your suggestions! You are totally right, a name that ends in an 'n' just won't work with Lachlan as a first name. I've added Elias, Elijah and Anders to middle name list! THANKS!