Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Humor me for a moment...

For the past few weeks I've been wondering about Chamomile's suitability as a name. Not as a first name, mind you. I was thinking it would make a sweet middle name to a more modest first.

Maude Chamomile was my initial thought. After 'haunting' me I've decided to add her to my long (maybe) future use list.

What do you think?

Could Chamomile [cam-oh-meel] be a quirky middle name to a modest first name? If you absolutely HAD to use the name, what would you use as a first?

Thanks!
    Last edited by thejollyfinch; May 1st, 2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: spelling
    Patricia
    Elias lost July 2012
    not currently expecting

vote on my (relatively) new & ever evolving list:
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9750188

my top combos:
    : Louise Clementine Azalea Kate [Josephine] [Iris] Matilda Kay
    : Harvey Joe

Honestly, I do not think I could use Chamomile even for a middle name, it reminds me of having the chicken pox and having to put chamomile on my pox so I wouldn't scratch them, sorry. I do love the name Maude though!

Quote Originally Posted by jtucker View Post
    Honestly, I do not think I could use Chamomile even for a middle name, it reminds me of having the chicken pox and having to put chamomile on my pox so I wouldn't scratch them, sorry. I do love the name Maude though!
    I get your association. But...I'm thinking you mean calamine lotion.

Thanks!
    Patricia
    Elias lost July 2012
    not currently expecting

my top combos:

Quote Originally Posted by thejollyfinch View Post
    I get your association. But...I'm thinking you mean calamine lotion.

Thanks!
    I can never keep straight which is which. I always tell my SO it's because of the German/English thing but I think my brain just doesn't compute that they are two different things. (I'm constantly asking for Calamine tea - lol.)
    For that reason alone I don't think I'd use it as a name. I do see the appeal though. Have you considered Camille or Camilla as a "legit" but very similar sounding name?
    Aurelia - Endora - Illyria - Lorelei - Merida - Ofelia - Penrose - Tabitha - Viola - Zenobia
    Alaric - Anton - Cedric - Dexter - Erich - Felix - Hector - Hendrik - Leonidas - Victor
    Engaged to the best Man in the World. (God-mama to Lawrence, a little bundle of sunshine).

Quote Originally Posted by lexiem View Post
    I can never keep straight which is which. I always tell my SO it's because of the German/English thing but I think my brain just doesn't compute that they are two different things. (I'm constantly asking for Calamine tea - lol.)
    For that reason alone I don't think I'd use it as a name. I do see the appeal though. Have you considered Camille or Camilla as a "legit" but very similar sounding name?
    I actually don't like Camilla or Camille at all. Silly, I know.

Chamomile and calamine sould really similar and so they're easy to mix up. You weren't the only one!

Patricia
    Elias lost July 2012
    not currently expecting

my top combos: