Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    While it sounds feminine by today's standards, I still have the Shakespeare association in my mind so I don't like it for a girl. I actually don't like it for either because its too associated with the character for me.

It reminds me a lot of Kimberly, which comes from the ancient Cyneburga. I wonder if they're at all related.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I feel really foolish now, because I totally thought Cymbeline was a girl! I LOVE Shakespeare, but have only gotten around to just less than half of his plays, and Cymbeline always struck me as very feminine, for all the reasons everyone else has said--the "bel" in the middle and the "line" ending. I feel like you just blew my mind, haha, I had no idea it was masculine! I thought (and still think!) it sounds like a regal, refreshing, interesting (feminine!) literary name. Although if it's the name of a Shakespearean king, I probably wouldn't use it for a girl, at least not as a FN. Maybe you could get away with it as a MN for a fully feminine name? Audrey Cymbeline was my first idea?
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

Yes the 'Belle' and 'Ine' sounds render it completely female to me. Sorry Shakespeare but i think that us girls are claiming it! (if you were anyone else i might have been quite cross)
    Last edited by leona23; May 5th, 2013 at 04:56 AM.
    Excludes my top 7 girls and top 7 boys names.

girls reserve list - Lucia(loo-see-a) - Orla -Kitty (katherine) - Iris - Celia - Ilona(ee-low-na)

boys RL - Caspar - Tristan - Rowan - Charles (not charlie)

Note: Official names in brackets and they are just that 'official'.