Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Boxers, boxers, boxers, and anything with a smushy nose, really, especially bulldogs (British and French). Love Newfoundlands, too.

I have two boxers: Greta and Philipp

I love "human" names for pets and would consider any baby name "reject." I especially like "old lady" names that haven't come back into favor. Names that "find" you are the best. Greta was on a short list and was confirmed when a typo for "great" came in an e-mail response from a friend re: the name selection process.

I'm saving these for future use (should I be brave enough to get another female boxer, as ours is quite the opinionated lady):

Margery (to be paired with Captain, from a tombstone in the coastal town where our boxers were born)
    Phyllis (misunderstood to be Greta's name by a neighborhood boy hearing us call for Philipp)

I love bulldogs (English and French!) but they're sooo expensive, so I won't be getting one for a long time. My next puppy will be a dachshund or mini-dachshund, I love them too! Basically any quirky looking dog - smooshed noses or tiny legs and long bodies like doxies and corgis - and mutts!

But since I picked out a dachshund breeder for when I get my puppy I had to pick out names, right?? He or she will have a doxie friend named Wednesday, so I have to come up with something equally awesome. And I wanted to combine my art history knowledge in there and have dogs named after artists, so...

For a boy:
    Picasso (owned a doxie named Lump pron. LOOMP)
    Duncan (a photographer who gave Picasso his doxie)
    Warhol (owned 2 doxies, Amos and Archie, but also probably my least favorite artist ever)
    Hockney (owned 2 doxies and did a whole book worth of art based on them)
    Bonnard (pron. Boh-NAHRD, also painted doxies. Possible nn Bones)
    Bonaparte (non art-related, but Napoleon owned dachshunds, and they have Napoleon complexes a lot! Also possible NN Bones)
    Waldi (first mascot of the Olympic games was a dachshund named Waldi, I think pron. VAHL-dee)

For a girl:
    Balla (pron. BAH-luh, rhymes with FDR's dog Fala - painted a dachshund)
    Badgley or Mischka (clothing designers are kind of artists... and they own 2 dachshunds)
    Waldi
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k m

Florence Beatrix Guinevere Helena Vivian
    August Barnaby Roland Whitney Atlas

Malti-poo! Brown, so that it looks like a teddy bear. And ideally the name should be Edgar. But these have been considered:

Finnegan
    Bartolomé
    Atlanticus
    The Count of Monte *username* (NN Count)
    Geronimo
    Panama Red (The name of an old Indian friend)
    September
    Friday

EDIT: The new ideal name for [^the same^] is: Sir Hannibal Mungo (NN Sir Hibals)
    Last edited by chrisco; October 9th, 2013 at 12:18 AM.
    Raphael Benedict-Peter Lazarus-Jude Sebastian-Eli Balthasar-Samuel Crispin

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Ophelia-Charlotte Valentine

Scarlett-Astrid-Larkspur-Afton-Haidée-Becket-Eamon-Percy-Arthur-Scully

I'm terrified of small dogs so if I was going to get a dog it would be a German Shepard. I would give it a name I like but isn't quite usable on a person.

Boy
    Taz
    Dash
    Tucker
    Cash
    Arch
    Barrett
    Birch

Girl
    Nahla
    Phoenix
    Sky
    Genie
    Boys
    Spencer|Benjamin|Henry|Declan|Rhys|Grayson|Peter|Q uinn

Girls
    Laura|Charlotte|Caroline|Savannah|Nora|Natalie|Hel ena

Guilty Pleasures
    River|Sawyer|Moss|Barrett|Sky|Archer

My favorite dog breed

I would have to say that my favorite breed is a German Shepherd. I have had a soft spot for those because I had one from birth until I was nine years old. Most people are afraid of German Shepherds because they think their mean but I think that they are loyal and loving. My favorite dog names are:
    -Stella
    -Scarlett
    -Gemma