Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    When I was 13, my aunt was having my cousin and she was going to be my very first cousin on that side of the family and they asked if they could name her my name. I think my Mom was going to be nice about it, but I was not having it. I wasn't about to get called "Big Kate" or "Old Kate" for the rest of my life. Half of all the grandkids on that side of the family would have had the same name. Looking back, I should have said yes because they probably wouldn't have used it anyway, but I was a teenager and what teenager wants to have to fight for their identity even within their own family. So my point is, there are definitely limits to using names over again. A generational gap, however, might be ok.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowfinch View Post
    When I was 13, my aunt was having my cousin and she was going to be my very first cousin on that side of the family and they asked if they could name her my name. I think my Mom was going to be nice about it, but I was not having it. I wasn't about to get called "Big Kate" or "Old Kate" for the rest of my life. Half of all the grandkids on that side of the family would have had the same name. Looking back, I should have said yes because they probably wouldn't have used it anyway, but I was a teenager and what teenager wants to have to fight for their identity even within their own family. So my point is, there are definitely limits to using names over again. A generational gap, however, might be ok.
    Yes, I wouldn't consider using the name again without a significant age gap. As I mentioned John is out because my nephew is named that and he's 7.
    Pondering names for a hypothetical #7. Current favorites: Grace Elizabeth and John Benedict nn Johnny