Names Searched Right Now:
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    @Emma - thanks so much! If the fiancé has his way, there would be four to name, and those sound perfect to me!
    @Ottilie- what fun music! It's going to be a great time! And I'm glad little Rosalind cooperated for your dress adventures! When you find the one, you'll know.... Dresses are a little like grooms like that
    Mi corazón
    Zoe Milena

I am getting married this coming October and I am not looking forward to it as much as I am my honeymoon (we are going to Charleston, SC!), but I know it will be fun regardless! I think my main problem is I don't love being the center of attention and even though we are only having about 50 guests (limiting it to family and just a few friends), that feels like a rather large crowd to be focused on me. Also I cried at a wedding where I didn't even know the bride and groom that well (high school friends of fiance) so I bet I will be like a faucet at my own, which will be a bit embarrassing.

We are having our wedding on a budget at a historic house in my hometown that is now used for events. The cost for the venue was remarkably cheap (~$1500 with everything included except catering, cake, DJ, and photography and the owner serves as our wedding planner and does all set up and decorating minus table centerpieces!). We will be married under this huge ancient tree at 2 in the afternoon. My sister and my fiance's sister are my bridesmaids (my sister is technically my MoH but only because she is family. My fiance's sister and mom are doing my bridal shower because they care and my sister doesn't) and my brother and my fiance's dad are the groomsmen (dad is best man). Our wedding colors are fall colors. The table linens will be cinnamon with aubergine sashes on the chairs, and since we couldn't decide who would sit at a table with us we are having a separate two-seater table for my husband and I that is burgundy. There will also be cocktail tables (standing height) with aubergine colored table cloths and cinnamon sashes. Our guestbook table will have an aubergine tablecloth and there will be an apple cider stand with a chocolate tablecloth and a burlap table runner. We will be hand-making centerpieces using a variety of fall elements (not sure what they will look like yet). We have a caterer picked out and we will have heavy hors d'oeuvres instead of a meal (my aunt wants to give us a dinner party at her house after the wedding). We plan to use an ipod playlist instead of a DJ and my mom knows someone who makes cakes, does hair, does flowers, and does photography (she has lots of friends and connections) so all of that we will get free or cheap. For example, the photography will be done by us buying her photography friend an SD card, she takes the pictures and then gives us the card back so we can print them. Oh, and she also knows someone who can design our invitations for free and give us the design to print ourselves (she already designed our save the dates and they turned out fantastically). All in all we shouldn't be spending more than 5k (probably much less) and it will hopefully turn out better than we could have expected, us wanting it to be cheap and all.
    Last edited by dcterry; May 15th, 2013 at 08:07 PM.

Emma; the plan was having some of my friends playing the processional, but the harpist is my best friend and will be on Roo duty. But we'll see, Roo can probably hang out with my brother. Maybe? All the songs we love and consider for our wedding are here. If someone wants to check it out
    And thanks, I don't think I'd look good in a garbage bag but it's sweet.

Moonkai; I love The Princess Bride! My boyfriend is kind of jealous with Westley though (I know, he's a nut) so I don't think he'd say yes.

Drumroll please... I think I've found THE DRESS!!! There are a few issues, like it's in New York and from last season, but I'm working on it (got happy little helpers all over the planet working on it too). If I can't find it I've found three amazing back up dresses. Anyway, if you want to see, these are my top four (random order):

Claire Pettibone - Samuelle - Chrissy Wai Ching - Chrissy Wai Chang (2)
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Ottilie those dresses are beautiful. Like something out of a dream. And those songs are going to keep me occupied for a bit yay for excuses to NOT correct end of year essays!

The fiancé and I are doing our first dance to I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz (totally wedding cheesy I know, but it fits us so very well!) and then Mi Bendicion by Juan Luis Guerra to keep the Latino flair!

Im getting hair and makeup trials done this weekend and have my bridal shower next weekend. It's insane how fast it's happening now! Still deciding if its time to embrace my hair's natural curly craziness... Outdoor wedding in July will not do good things for my usual straighten-into-submission hair.
    Mi corazón
    Zoe Milena

I hunted down this thread on page 8 of Momberries with some hope that some of you are still paying attention to it!

I have a bit of a conundrum. We plan to have two flowergirls, his niece, who will be 6, and the daughter of some family friends, who will be two years old at the time. We haven't asked the parents yet, but hopefully they all agree. I have been slightly hesitant to ask the friends though, because of many reasons. Their daughter has Trisomy 21, Downs Syndrome. I know along with myself, they have every single intention of allowing their daughter to have a very normal life with normal experiences, like being a flower girl! My hesitation comes from the developmental delays she may have, behavior wise I am not concerned, but more with her motor skills. I already intend to have my girls carry Pomander balls, instead of tossing flower petals, so that's a non-issue. The big one is, children with Downs Syndrome, from what I can tell, tend to walk much later, often between the ages of 2-4, and she will be only just over 2. I don't want to wait too much longer to ask our friends, so I want to make sure I have a plan for all possibilities. I want her included no matter what, and if her inability to walk prevents her from being a part of the wedding, I feel it sets a bad precedent for allowing her 'disability' to determine her abilities.
    If she cannot walk on the wedding day, what are my other options for getting her down the aisle? (If she is walking, she'll hold the hand of the 6 year old, who can guide her down the aisle!) The aisle will likely have a 90 degree turn in it, due to the nature of the space, will be indoors, and I'd prefer to not have her parents carry her down the aisle, I would like only the wedding party to be part of the processional. (Ringbearer, Bridesmaids, Groomsmen, & Flowergirls)

Rough n Tumble
    Lachlan Alexander
    Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Pretty in Pink
    Lavender Irie
    Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye