Names Searched Right Now:
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I'm seconding offbeatbride, they've got some pretty amazing stuff and tips over there. I don't know what your budget is, but there are plenty of ways to be creative and save money. Use your family and friends for all they're worth, they can bake, cook, help with decorations, be DJ's, and on and on. A friend of my brother who got married last summer had their reception in the backyard of their building. They were both students, and living in a tiny flat and only had three chairs, so they asked all their friends and family to bring their own chairs. All the tableware and glasses were borrowed from different people as well, so it was completely random. Be creative!
    My budget is to spend as little as possible! I have a few thousand saved so far but due to become a student in September so unlikely I'll be able to save much more. I love the sound of that reception so may steal their idea (:

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    Roses, roses, roses! So pretty
    It is pretty isn't it? I'm just wondering if it's too pretty...

We've decided to move the wedding to SEPTEMBER! We were talking about it all last night, and we decided that is the best, more time to plan and Roo will be almost six months. Luckily no one had bought their tickets yet. New plan is Buckinghamshire (my Gigi's place), this way it won't so expensive for all our friends with children. We're kind of throwing around the idea of doing it festival-style, having a three day party starting Friday, get married on Saturday and leave on Sunday afternoon. Just relaxed, fun, and people really get to see each other and enjoy themselves. My husband-to-be's outfit is taking shape (in my head), but my dress is giving me a headache... I want it to fit his clothes and the dresses I've looked at seem to... formal. I think. And we're going to dance a lot, so it needs to be comfy.

Quote Originally Posted by paperaeroplane View Post
    My budget is to spend as little as possible! I have a few thousand saved so far but due to become a student in September so unlikely I'll be able to save much more. I love the sound of that reception so may steal their idea (:
    Do that! It did look cute! And check out offbeatbride, lots of good ideas!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I have checked out offbeatbride and have got a few ideas, thank you for your help

Your wedding plans sound lovely, especially making a weekend out of it. Hope you can sort your dress out soon (no one likes a headache)!

Ottilie, if I wasn't a teacher, I would have gotten married in September. Gorgeous weather here in New England... but alas, it's the beginning of the school year... not very conducive to weddings and honeymoons

Your wedding plans sound like a blast! That's the way to do it!
    My Zoe ... My life
    9/12/14

Hehe, yeah, we think it'll be fun. I am going down to Kent to try on gowns on Friday! With MoH! Without Roo! (If she decides she can be bottle fed before that, that is. If not she can sleep in the back...) Champagne and Cake! I also think (after a long conversation with lovely friend) that I am going to avoid white dresses, and try to find something more fun and special. Saw a Vivienne Westwood dress (link) I kind of love... and a R-Mine Bridal (link), but that one would require me to go to Los Angeles, and I'm not keen on spending tons of money on a plane ticket to maybe find a dress.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]