Names Searched Right Now:
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    It really depends on what type of honeymoon you want to have, catloverd. I am also from New England originally, and if you are willing to fly, I would highly recommend the Oregon coast. Accomodations are usually pretty inexpensive, and it is absolutely beautiful this time of year.

If you don't want to go far try:

Ogunquit, Maine
    Cape Cod / Provincetown, Mass.
    CT shore
    Any of the wonderful B&Bs in VT or NH

Florida is nice this time of year as well and tourist season is over . I personally really love Sarasota - that's where we got married/ honeymooned on Siesta Key. Not too spendy, either.

Definitely check out craigslist, as you can often get good last-minute deals on accomodations
    Baby Sequoia Orion due October 2014!
    Other favorites: Cytheria, Arcadia, Seraphina, Caspian, Gideon

Dina: If you can, I'd chose Hawaii, so lovely! And Martha's Vineyard is a good suggestion, but I'm a big wine lover. And foodie... I once stayed with one of my friends in a house by the coast in Maine, it was absolutely lovely and tranquil. Perfect for a secluded and quiet honeymoon.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Hawaii seems to be winning! We had considered it as well. We only have 4-5 days, though, so I'm just worried with the long flight there and back, and the jet lag it might not be worth it. *sigh* Maybe I need to consider finding the money to get the passport. Puerto Rico is also on our short list, as we don't need passports for PR either.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

If I were you (since you only have a few days) I'd do something simple and short-traveled, then save money for the passport and go on a longer second honeymoon later, when you can get away for maybe 10 days or something. Just an idea!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

@Dindlee, the Finger Lakes area of New York is also AMAZINGLY gorgeous, with hiking, wine, etc. There are B&Bs that are big old Victorian-style homes, furnished beautifully. That would be much closer to you than Colonial Williamsburg or Hawaii, allowing you to spend more time relaxing and less time traveling. I have stayed in this one at Seneca Lake and it was breathtakingly beautiful: http://www.thelakehouseonseneca.com/ Huge lawn overlooking Seneca Lake, with a train passing the house twice daily in a very vintage sort of way.