Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Oh no my love of weddings and all things bridal is reemerging!! My wedding theme, if it had to have one, was classic elegance and a Jewish wedding. I got married 2000 miles away in my home town so I left 90% of the planning up to my mom (who has impeccable taste and is a perfectionist). I told her my colors and vision and she did a great job. The location we chose required you to use their catering (which is fine as they have superb food) for the sit-down dinner and even the wedding cake. I kinda just showed up! I had a "big reveal" like on tv, and I was taken aback by how perfectly everything turned out. Originally I wanted an intimate mid afternoon Sunday wedding on a boat, but the event turned much larger once in our home town. My inspiration was a vision of an old jewelry box full of vintage jewelry ... so our colors were cameo pink, coral, pearl, soft gray, and a little gold. We had white linens and simple china with a gold rim. I got my wedding dress in downtown LA in the garment district in the same area where they well all the quinceañera dresses. It was a steal. To make things personal, I had a luckenbooth that my husband gave me sewn to my bouquet, and I attached a blue button from my dearly missed grandmother to my dress. I didn't really care about the cake at all, but the groom's cake was red velvet in full school spirit. We didn't do any crafting. I think I already lost the guest sign in book. The one thing I absolutely regret is not having a videographer!!
    Last edited by poppy528; December 31st, 2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: partial post redaction
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz