Names Searched Right Now:
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    I went for my second dress fitting this weekend. I don't know how I didn't notice before how HEAVY that dress is. I hope I don't fall over! I do love my dress though. Had the whole ensemble on Saturday... Veil, jewelry, shoes, etc and it really hit me... I'm getting married! Two months to go!
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

ottilie and everyone,

I had a weight-loss crisis when I was prepping for my wedding. I was working out like crazy and hungry all the time because I was trying to drop some weight before my wedding, but when i came down to it, I only lost a few pounds because the stress was preventing my body from even working right, so I just made a decision to be a fat, happy bride, and I would't do it differently!

Reading the wedding stories-in-progress make me want to do it all over again! (But not really because it is a serious time-suck, lol!)
    Baby boy due October 2014! Current tentative name:

Sequoia Orion

I went down to Tunbridge Wells with my best friend, and as Rosalind refuses the bottle she came too. Fun? No. The gowns were gorgeous but I was really uncomfortable bringing her with me and I was quite nervous she'd wake up and insist on being fed while I was strapped into tulle, sequins and lace. Of course, she slept soundly through the whole session. I have kind of fallen madly in love with the Vivienne Westwood one though... so pretty (and so expensive ). I've started making the official invitations, and trying to get a better idea of how we want it to look. The music is coming together, which is great, as it gives me a feeling of what things will feel like. I've got a few ideas for the processional song and the recessional one, and I think we'll do first dance to "Home" by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros (but that could just as well be a rec song) or "New Year's Eves" by Greg Laswell or maybe "Lovely Tonight" by Joshua Radin... and then there's "You are the Best Thing" by Ray LaMontagne and "Live it With Love" by Ingrid Michaelson... Too many good songs! What we know for sure is that we're going to have a family dance with Rosalind to Ben Folds' "Gracie" song.

Dina, two months! Getting close! I can imagine your dress being heavy. And on your tiny little frame!

Moonkai, thank you! Boyfriend took a photo of me yesterday and shoved it in my face telling me to relax and stop obsessing. And you looked beautiful at your wedding, just lovely. I have to admit I look at your wedding photos a lot, they are so charming and sweet.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Congratulations Kibby and Dindlee!
    Dindlee I'm voting for a Noemi and Emmanuel, or Zoe and Isaac.
    Moonkai, I especially love Arcadia Zephyr and Tiernan River.

Otter, your dress adventure sounds fun - glad you didn't have to nurse a baby in full regalia. I was totally no-nonsense about buying my dress, though in retrospect it might have been fun to be more ceremonious about it. I went to a place where they sold secondhand gowns and floor samples, and found something much fancier than I would have been comfortable buying at its full price. I banned my poor mother and bridesmaids from the process, and blasted through about twenty dresses in a single sitting, avoiding the salesladies who were trying to ply everyone with champagne. The veil and the petticoat really pulled it all together. That, and few false eyelashes in my eye-corners (highly recommended, I know it's weird but I tell you!) Don't fret. You would look beautiful in a paper bag, you golden-skinned goddess you!

I like the idea of "Home" as a recessional song, since it's cheerful and kind of triumphant. I think it's good to have a real tear-jerker for the processional. "Lovely Tonight" or something like that could be done live acoustically, something tender and simple... I loved having our musician friends sing/play my processional. The moment felt so real with live music, the artistic contribution of people close to us. "You are the Best Thing" is such a great song - it definitely gets my vote for your first dance. Your older relatives will be able to relate to it and as they watch you dance. We used "A Song For You" by Donny Hathaway, and our parents were all misty-eyed. We asked everyone to join in midway through the song, since it's pretty long. I love that you're going to have a dance with Rosalind!

Ottilie - awww! We had such a fun time. I love your song ideas!!! We walked down the aisle to 'Storybook Love' from the Princess Bride and recessed to 'Home and the Heartland' from Riverdance (lol - but seriously, it was perfect). The traditional wedding music is great, but to have something special to you is superb. I love the family dance, too! My sister did that and it was wonderful

I am glad your husband-to-be set you right about how you look!

On the subject of dresses, a friend of mine who is an excellent costumer and seamstress made mine, and it still cost me almost $300 in fabric and notions alone! Then again, I was really picky because I had my mind set on all-natural fabric (ended up with an organic cotton/silk blend). The nice thing about buying a dress is the lack of stress that it will be finished in time, and in general they are a lot sturdier (my dress was a bit fragile so I had to be pretty careful with it!)
    Baby boy due October 2014! Current tentative name:

Sequoia Orion