Names Searched Right Now:
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dindlee View Post
    Anyone have honeymoon suggestions if you can't go away for too long and your fiancé doesn't have a passport? (Seriously want to kill him.... Traveled the whole world with the military but he doesn't have a passport. He could still get one, but we'd have to pay quite a bit to expedite the process) we only have a few days..

We live in New England, btw.
    I think it depends on what you are looking for in your honeymoon.
    Friends of ours went to Maine and loved it. (They are also huge lobster fans so that helped).
    If you are looking for fun, art and a bit of the esoteric crazyness (or vampire and horror) I love New Orleans.
    If you are the sporty types the Everglades could be fun. You can find places to kayak in the mangroves with the crocodiles, bike, etc. Or you could hike part of the Appalachian Trail or chill out in the Shenandoah mountains.
    Grand Canyon/Brycons Canyon are also fabulous and gorgeous with amazing views and you can go on helicopter rides or trail hikes.
    If you want Beach/city life there is always Miami with it's tones of hotels (I'd recommend the Epic - but I really like Kimptons).

Oh I used to live in CW (well went to college there) the outlets have expanded as I found out last weekend so if you go bring extra space in your bag, and don't forget to stop by Sno-To-Go for me.
    Last edited by lexiem; May 3rd, 2013 at 08:40 AM.
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    If I were you (since you only have a few days) I'd do something simple and short-traveled, then save money for the passport and go on a longer second honeymoon later, when you can get away for maybe 10 days or something. Just an idea!
    Yeah, I'd second this.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Wedding planning is already feeling a bit overwhelming to me Ladies.... So I'm wondering... Destination vs. Traditional? Insights? I am thinking Destination would be a lot less hassle at this point... but then I don't get my lovely Christmas Wedding... I love the idea of a pink destination wedding though, and a vacation somewhere warm and tropical in the middle of an Alberta winter is more than appealing.... So very torn!

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

I hear you, Kibby! I've been reading wedding blogs and stories and looking at photos, and at the moment I want to get married ten times to do it all! I think a winter wedding sounds amazing!! Snow and twinkles... and you can always honeymoon somewhere warm? But do what your heart tells you!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by kibby View Post
    Wedding planning is already feeling a bit overwhelming to me Ladies.... So I'm wondering... Destination vs. Traditional? Insights? I am thinking Destination would be a lot less hassle at this point... but then I don't get my lovely Christmas Wedding... I love the idea of a pink destination wedding though, and a vacation somewhere warm and tropical in the middle of an Alberta winter is more than appealing.... So very torn!
    It really depends on budget and how many guests you want at your wedding. If you do destination, it might be more expensive depending one where you're going, and you'll likely have fewer guests since most will either 1) not have the time 2) not have the money

We did the traditional wedding and then went on our honeymoon to Hawaii to enjoy the beach. We chose this because 1) less of a hassle for planning and saves money from having to travel back and forth to make sure things are going as planned 2) most of our guests probably wouldn't go to our wedding if it was too far away and we really wanted our family and friends to show up 3) cheaper! - this was the big one really

We hope to do a simple vowel renewal in the future (25 wedding anniversary maybe?), probably on Hawaii. Hopefully I can fit in my dress again, lol! And it would just be me and my husband on the beach. No guests or anything. It would be totally romantic!
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables