Names Searched Right Now:
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    It really depends on what type of honeymoon you want to have, catloverd. I am also from New England originally, and if you are willing to fly, I would highly recommend the Oregon coast. Accomodations are usually pretty inexpensive, and it is absolutely beautiful this time of year.

If you don't want to go far try:

Ogunquit, Maine
    Cape Cod / Provincetown, Mass.
    CT shore
    Any of the wonderful B&Bs in VT or NH

Florida is nice this time of year as well and tourist season is over . I personally really love Sarasota - that's where we got married/ honeymooned on Siesta Key. Not too spendy, either.

Definitely check out craigslist, as you can often get good last-minute deals on accomodations
    Baby Sequoia Orion due October 2014!
    Other favorites: Cytheria, Arcadia, Seraphina, Caspian, Gideon

Dina: If you can, I'd chose Hawaii, so lovely! And Martha's Vineyard is a good suggestion, but I'm a big wine lover. And foodie... I once stayed with one of my friends in a house by the coast in Maine, it was absolutely lovely and tranquil. Perfect for a secluded and quiet honeymoon.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Hawaii seems to be winning! We had considered it as well. We only have 4-5 days, though, so I'm just worried with the long flight there and back, and the jet lag it might not be worth it. *sigh* Maybe I need to consider finding the money to get the passport. Puerto Rico is also on our short list, as we don't need passports for PR either.
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

If I were you (since you only have a few days) I'd do something simple and short-traveled, then save money for the passport and go on a longer second honeymoon later, when you can get away for maybe 10 days or something. Just an idea!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

@Dindlee, the Finger Lakes area of New York is also AMAZINGLY gorgeous, with hiking, wine, etc. There are B&Bs that are big old Victorian-style homes, furnished beautifully. That would be much closer to you than Colonial Williamsburg or Hawaii, allowing you to spend more time relaxing and less time traveling. I have stayed in this one at Seneca Lake and it was breathtakingly beautiful: http://www.thelakehouseonseneca.com/ Huge lawn overlooking Seneca Lake, with a train passing the house twice daily in a very vintage sort of way.