Names Searched Right Now:
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Anyone have honeymoon suggestions if you can't go away for too long and your fiancé doesn't have a passport? (Seriously want to kill him.... Traveled the whole world with the military but he doesn't have a passport. He could still get one, but we'd have to pay quite a bit to expedite the process) we only have a few days..

We live in New England, btw.
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

@Dindlee, we honeymooned in Colonial Williamsburg, VA. It was about a 7-hour-drive from where I live in Pennsylvania (not sure how far it would be for you). It was a ton of fun, and the staff in every restaurant doted on us, minstrels played Scottish love songs during dinnertime dedicated just to me and my husband, orators in period clothing had entire taverns toasting us, waiters brought us wedding cards from the tavern staff...it was very sweet. My husband and I were the stars because it is not a typical honeymoon hotspot. We stayed right in the stunning Williamsburg Inn, which is in the center of the historic district, within walking distance of everything you would want to do there, with gorgeous marble bathrooms. There are tons of daily activities throughout the historic district to choose from, and we opted for a nighttime pirate tour (creepy and entertaining, with superb acting, based on actual history), a nighttime witch trial in a historic courthouse lit by torches (based on records from a real historic trial), and another trial for a soldier--I forget the details, but we served as "jurors"--among other things. There were several fancy restaurants within walking distance of the Inn, but we ate at all the historical taverns--pricey, but honeymoons are the time to splurge. We went in April and the weather was perfect.

We were originally going to do a Caribbean cruise, but I had hallucinations in the hospital about a horrible cruise, and that nixed that idea. I would go back to Williamsburg in a heartbeat though.
    Last edited by alzora; May 2nd, 2013 at 07:07 PM.

@Alzora thank you! I have been to Williamsburg and I love it. Virginia Beach is on our list of spots and Williamsburg is only about an hour away. Thank you! Sounds like your honeymoon was fabulous.
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

Quote Originally Posted by dindlee View Post
    Anyone have honeymoon suggestions if you can't go away for too long and your fiancé doesn't have a passport? (Seriously want to kill him.... Traveled the whole world with the military but he doesn't have a passport. He could still get one, but we'd have to pay quite a bit to expedite the process) we only have a few days..

We live in New England, btw.
    My husband didn't have a passport, so we went to Kauai, Hawaii. The tropical weather was awesome! We went to a lot of gardens and relaxed on the beach. (Our other choice was Italy, but it was more expensive and we decided it wasn't worth the hassle of getting him a passport) We went there for 1 week. I would recommend if choosing Hawaii to pick one island if you can only go for less than a week. We didn't even get to see everything in Kauai! For a honeymoon, I would avoid the main land since that one is packed with tourists. Kauai was really nice, highly recommend it.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

Quote Originally Posted by catloverd View Post
    My husband didn't have a passport, so we went to Kauai, Hawaii.
    I was going to suggest Hawaii. One of the most beautiful places on earth But I thought it might be too far from New England :/ Two flights and about ten hours in total (it was sixteen from where I live x_x)

Otherwise... my mum and dad have been to Martha's Vineyard and they had a great time there
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.