Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Hmm, this thread wasn't what I thought it was going to be from the title.

I'm 25 and so so ready to be a mom. But I'm not in a relationship at all. I've honestly never been in any relationship serious enough to remotely consider marriage or children. To be even more honest, I've never actually been in love. I'm not at a job where I am making good money or benefits or anything. I do have a bachelor's degree, and am working towards a higher degree, but that's really the only area I feel I'm doing well in. My car is rubbish, I don't have my own place. I guess that is like the opposite of ready to be a parent, but sometimes I just ache for a child. And I know it's not going to happen anytime soon, if it happens at all. And honestly sometimes that just sucks. It just feels like by the time I have the job and the house and the working car and the health insurance and the husband who also wants a child...it'll be too late for me. I'll be too old.

That isn't to say that I judge the women around me who are my age or younger and already have kids; I envy them for being able to have that.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

I'll add that I live in the Bay Area and I am one of the youngest first-time moms in birthing classes and prenatal yoga. Honestly, I do think that is kind of skewed, just from a biological standpoint.
    Baby girl K.A.
    Born September 2013

Guilty pleasures: Anastasia Isadora/Isidore Nicodemus Persephone Darrow Opaline Aurelia Chloe Mirabel Camelia

Quote Originally Posted by ameliawilliams View Post
    And honestly sometimes that just sucks. It just feels like by the time I have the job and the house and the working car and the health insurance and the husband who also wants a child...it'll be too late for me. I'll be too old.
    I'm 26 and feel the same way.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Quote Originally Posted by ameliawilliams View Post
    Hmm, this thread wasn't what I thought it was going to be from the title.

I'm 25 and so so ready to be a mom. But I'm not in a relationship at all. I've honestly never been in any relationship serious enough to remotely consider marriage or children. To be even more honest, I've never actually been in love. I'm not at a job where I am making good money or benefits or anything. I do have a bachelor's degree, and am working towards a higher degree, but that's really the only area I feel I'm doing well in. My car is rubbish, I don't have my own place. I guess that is like the opposite of ready to be a parent, but sometimes I just ache for a child. And I know it's not going to happen anytime soon, if it happens at all. And honestly sometimes that just sucks. It just feels like by the time I have the job and the house and the working car and the health insurance and the husband who also wants a child...it'll be too late for me. I'll be too old.

That isn't to say that I judge the women around me who are my age or younger and already have kids; I envy them for being able to have that.
    I felt like you once upon a time. You will be surprised how much your life can change in just a few years <3
    Baby girl K.A.
    Born September 2013

Guilty pleasures: Anastasia Isadora/Isidore Nicodemus Persephone Darrow Opaline Aurelia Chloe Mirabel Camelia

Ren and Amelia: I met my boyfriend when I was 28. I lived in a wreck of a flat; seriously, worst flat I've ever seen in my life, the walls were so bad I hung fabrics on the wall to cover them up (I tried to paint them, but there were huge cracks in them!). The shower was so disgusting I had to do it at my job (it smelled terrible, and the pipes were covered in something green, slimy and furry). Then I met my love, we moved in together, and a year later baby on the way. It only needs to happen for everything to fall into place.
    Last edited by ottilie; April 30th, 2013 at 04:17 PM. Reason: iPad typo... and when I said met I mean first time we met when I was available. Didn't want to retell the whole story here...
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]