Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    The world is full of judgemental people who will judge you for being too old or too young or too whatever, but there are also lots of wonderful people who will embrace you, help & support you through whatever life stage you're at no matter what... You just have to find them.

I had baby J at 36. This was not planned, it's just how my life unfolded. I now spend quite a bit of time with women who are 5 or 10 years younger than me, because they have babies too, but I also have friends my age or older who have babies, toddlers or teenagers. It's great to have such a diverse group of friends.
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah

I think it depends what social group you hang with and compare yourself to. My friends from university almost all started having kids in their early 30s. I started having mine in my late 30s and am in my early 40s and still having them. If you compare yourself to internet sites which are mostly populated by younger people then it will seem that most people are having children in their early 20s.

I am old for most of the playgroups I hang out at, but no one seems to realise it until I mention my age. But at the school gates I'm average because most mums my age work rather than be SAHMs here.

To be honest, I think you're silly for worrying about it. Have children when you and your partner are ready, don't worry about your age.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.

I did it on both ends. My first at 19 (unplanned, unmarried), but married his dad had two more kids and thought I was done. Finished college, worked through law school, and was stable and unstable as life threw its curves. After my divorce (BIG CURVE), I met a wonderful guy who also had three kids, so we were the Brady Bunch - both young parents comparatively - but we were happy and the kids are precious. We found out we were expecting a honeymoon baby a month after our wedding - so I started again at 37! Lots of judgment for being too young and too old, plus I find I get judged a lot for both working full time and having too many kids. Now we are expecting again, so if all goes well, I'll be the 40 year old mom with a 2 year old that I used to judge when I was 20!! Each one is a blessing and most moms are doing their best.
    If I have figured anything out, it's that there is never a perfect time to get pregnant, but there is never a wrong time to have a baby!
    Luckiest woman in the world!

Mom to Logan Hunter, Savanna Nichole, Avonlea Noel and Arden "Birdie" Mae

Step-mom to Austin Ray, Haley Caroline, Kelsey Suzanne

and expecting someone else December 19!

My mom has always told me that you are never ready to have a baby. There's never a perfect time. I'm going to be one of those "moms in their 30s" because I waited until I met the right person. Had I met my fiancé earlier, I would have gladly been a "young" mom. If you are the "oldest" mom at preschool who cares? Love has no age limit.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

I'll admit the original comment made me sizzle somewhat but I caught the gist. I was one of those planning to marry around 25 and have my first around 26. My husband showed up just before I turned 21 and, as we approach our 5 year anniversary, I sit here 9 weeks pregnant watching my 6 month old and 3 year old play together. I love my kids dearly and while this newest little surprise may be coming a little earlier than I expected, I know without a doubt that having kids early is a huge blessing. Not only do I have a good amount of energy to chase these kiddos, but I'll be able to enjoy my 40's and 50's far more as my kids start their own life journey. Our life hasn't been as financially stable as we were expecting (16 months of inadequate employment after a sudden budget cut resulted in my husband being "let go" didn't do much to help) but struggling together has proven to be more of a marriage cementer than I ever imagined. As George Washington McLintock (John Wayne) said, "...all the gold in the United States Treasury and all the harp music in heaven can't equal what happens between a man and a woman with all that growin' together." -McLintock! (1963). I'm a firm believer in doing what you can and trusting The Lord to help you through. I can tell you there is no other explaination than hard work and divine watchcare to account for how we've been able to stay afloat through all our financial turmoils. Just keep your chin up and have kids when you feel ready. You develop most of your mom-skills along the way, so don't feel like you have to have a degree in child education to be "qualified." As previous posters have said, lots of young moms are fantastic and lots of older moms find it hard to adjust. Goodluck! I hope you get to have your babies soon!!
    Last edited by kadibug06; April 30th, 2013 at 02:19 PM.