Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Are 3 Gr- names too much?

I have a Griffin and a Grace and am pregnant with #3, which is a boy. We want to name him Grant, but we're unsure if three Gr- names is too much. We happen to love the name independent of the fact that it's also a Gr- name, and also kinda like that it is a Gr- name but don't want it to be too much. We're also wondering if it'd be weird to go outside the Gr- pattern (our other choice is Landon). Thoughts?

Two is a coincidence, three is a theme.

Themes are tricky. If you think you could get stuck in the theme later on (if you should ever have a fourth), I'd examine my other options.
    new username @finch

Quote Originally Posted by thejollyfinch View Post

Themes are tricky. If you think you could get stuck in the theme later on (if you should ever have a fourth), I'd examine my other options.
    Agreed... unless they only have 3 kids. I mean, it'd pretty weird to have Griffin, Grace, and Landon... then it seems like Landon was an afterthought/ adopted/ etc. If you're going to have 4+ kids, then it's easier. However, I feel like naming your first 2 kids with Gr- names pretty much sticks you in a theme. Grant is great... Greyson, Graham, and Grady are also nice. There are fewer nice Gr- girl names, though.
    Last edited by tfzolghadr; April 30th, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Quote Originally Posted by thejollyfinch View Post

This. I also feel like Grant is a bit too close to Grace.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

It depends, if you like it that much, I would say go for it. Are you planning on having more children? Do you like other Gr- names?

favorite names: Jane 🌻 Teague