Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Are 3 Gr- names too much?

I have a Griffin and a Grace and am pregnant with #3, which is a boy. We want to name him Grant, but we're unsure if three Gr- names is too much. We happen to love the name independent of the fact that it's also a Gr- name, and also kinda like that it is a Gr- name but don't want it to be too much. We're also wondering if it'd be weird to go outside the Gr- pattern (our other choice is Landon). Thoughts?

Two is a coincidence, three is a theme.

Themes are tricky. If you think you could get stuck in the theme later on (if you should ever have a fourth), I'd examine my other options.
    new username @finch

It depends, if you like it that much, I would say go for it. Are you planning on having more children? Do you like other Gr- names?

favorite names this week: Jane Cosima & Oren Drake

Quote Originally Posted by thejollyfinch View Post
    Two is a coincidence, three is a theme.

Themes are tricky. If you think you could get stuck in the theme later on (if you should ever have a fourth), I'd examine my other options.
    Agreed... unless they only have 3 kids. I mean, it'd pretty weird to have Griffin, Grace, and Landon... then it seems like Landon was an afterthought/ adopted/ etc. If you're going to have 4+ kids, then it's easier. However, I feel like naming your first 2 kids with Gr- names pretty much sticks you in a theme. Grant is great... Greyson, Graham, and Grady are also nice. There are fewer nice Gr- girl names, though.
    Last edited by tfzolghadr; April 30th, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

My personal choice would be Landon, because I don't care for themed sibsets. Also, if you have more children, it will be hard to break away from that. Some people might argue that the 3rd child will feel left out, but I don't think that is ever an issue to kids, especially not with 3. If you had 4 Gr-'s and then names the 5th Landon it might be an issue, but not yet. My entire family - parents, brother, and pets - all had a K or hard C name when I was young, and I never felt left out as the only one without one.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13