Thread: Linus?

Linus?

Lately I've really been loving the name Linus for a little boy. I'd totally love to use it, but I'm hesitant for a couple of reasons. I'm afraid that if we name the baby Linus, my son Clement will feel left out because both my other son Louie and the baby have L names. I also don't love the idea of having two L names in the same sibset because I don't want to feel like I HAVE to give our other future children a C or L name to keep the pattern going. What do you think of Linus? Do you think two L names would be a problem? Any similar names to Linus that don't begin with L or C that we could consider? Middle name suggestions? My two sons are named Louie Matthias and Clement Wright. Thank you in advance for your input!
    Sylvie Beatrice • Freya Catherine • Imogen Greta • Poppy Agatha • Hermione Reva
    Louie Matthias • Clement Wright • Ralph Timothy • Malcolm Jude • Lachlan Wolf

I'm not really a fan, as I find it a bit similar to Louie... Also, it reminds me of the Charlie Brown character. It's also almost overly nerdy to me.
    INTJ Anthropologist Living in the centre of China, married to a Persian, and just enjoying a completely unpredictable life

Emiliana Pari 郑煜曈 7/14

Raphael Kaveh, Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
    Beatrice Tamineh, Viola Katayoun

I love the name Linus but unfortunately, hubby won't go for it! I don't think Linus goes well with Louie but Clement and Linus sound wonderful together.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I find it a bit too close to Louie because I think of Louis & Linus and visualize the L & S together (even though there is none, but that's what my brain does if I hear the names together) so it matches very much in length as well.

An L name could work. Like Lincoln, Louie & Clement for example, the hard sounds in Lincoln and it's length make it less samey for me.