Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Linus?

Linus?

Lately I've really been loving the name Linus for a little boy. I'd totally love to use it, but I'm hesitant for a couple of reasons. I'm afraid that if we name the baby Linus, my son Clement will feel left out because both my other son Louie and the baby have L names. I also don't love the idea of having two L names in the same sibset because I don't want to feel like I HAVE to give our other future children a C or L name to keep the pattern going. What do you think of Linus? Do you think two L names would be a problem? Any similar names to Linus that don't begin with L or C that we could consider? Middle name suggestions? My two sons are named Louie Matthias and Clement Wright. Thank you in advance for your input!
    Louie ¤ Clement ¤ Malcolm ¤ Ralph
    Sylvie ¤ Hermione ¤ Benedita ¤ Freya

I'm not really a fan, as I find it a bit similar to Louie... Also, it reminds me of the Charlie Brown character. It's also almost overly nerdy to me.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

I love the name Linus but unfortunately, hubby won't go for it! I don't think Linus goes well with Louie but Clement and Linus sound wonderful together.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I find it a bit too close to Louie because I think of Louis & Linus and visualize the L & S together (even though there is none, but that's what my brain does if I hear the names together) so it matches very much in length as well.

An L name could work. Like Lincoln, Louie & Clement for example, the hard sounds in Lincoln and it's length make it less samey for me.