Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Evie Snow, too much?

Sorry to be posting for the millionth time. I'm not even 6 weeks pg, I'm sure by the time I have this baby y'all will be throwing things at me in frustration. Since my top 4 aren't thrilling me, I'm trying to think a little further outside the box. So, my due date is Christmas Eve. What do you think of Evie Snow LastnametwosyllablesstartswithR? Other choices would be Evie Rose and Evie Mae. My two daughters are Ruby & Lucy. I know that Evie is a little nicknamey in comparison but Ruby, Lucy, and Evie seems pretty cute. Is Evie Snow TOO Christmasy? I was suprised to see that Evie is super popular in the UK (top 10 territory) and it's only been back in the top 1000 in the US since 2007. I have considered Eve, but I want 2-syllables, it's a family tradition on my mom's side. I have also considered Eva, but my daughter Ruby was named after my Grandma and her sister's name is Eva, so it starts to seem a little weird. So, it would be Evie not Eve or Eva. I think Evie could work pretty easily on a grown-woman, so I'm not worried about it being nicknamey.

It's definitely theme-y for a Christmastime baby, but I see the appeal. I would go with Evie Rose over Evie Snow personally, but if Snow is the middle name you like then it works fine.

Eva Snow would be less overly cutesy in my opinion, but if it's out of the running than Evie Snow is a good second option.

listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jeremy Shea ~ Nolan Jack ~ Conor Arlo ~ Evan Daniel ~ Samuel Mark
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Maura ~ Madeleine ~ Violet ~ Victoria ~ Ava ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah ~ Soleil

Quote Originally Posted by jess0044 View Post
    It's definitely theme-y for a Christmastime baby, but I see the appeal. I would go with Evie Rose over Evie Snow personally, but if Snow is the middle name you like then it works fine.

Eva Snow would be less overly cutesy in my opinion, but if it's out of the running than Evie Snow is a good second option.
    I agree with this 100%.

I agree about Eva Snow, but husband prefers Evie Snow, and since we would call her that anyway it seems like the way to go. I don't understand giving a formal name just for the sake of it and never using it.

I know a grown woman named Evie and I think it's beautiful and doesn't really require a formal name. Evie Snow is cute, a bit too themed for me (and too short since I like longer middle names for short first names.) But Evie Snow is definitely a nice option.
    Maximus Alexander (April 2012)
    Audrey Juliet Sophia (August 2014)
    Owner of "The Art of Naming!"