View Poll Results: Is Poppy usable?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, no problem.

69 78.41%
  • Definitely not.

19 21.59%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    The actress Poppy Montgomery seemingly has had no issues with her name. I think it's useable.
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

I immediately though of the actress Poppy !Montgomery. She wears the name very well. To me, it is a very usable vintage name that goes well with Ruby and Lucy.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by misslindseylou View Post
    does anyone else think of something sexual? I'm not sure I can get past it.
    I'm just curious, how is it sexual to you? For sexualized flower names, Dahlia is almost not usable IMO, and obviously Lotus is skeezy. But Poppy? Meh not so much.
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz

Makes me think of Opium.

I love Poppy! I can't really think of anything sexual with the name, either. A sibset of Ruby, Lucy, and Poppy would be absolutely adorable to me. It sounds like a sibset I would use if I were more into the vintage-y type names.
    ~Meaghan Marie (26) & John Michael (27)~
    ~ Aubriella Braelyn (1/20/07) ~ Kaia Avalon (10/28/2008) ~ Aidyn Ryker (10/13/09) ~
    ~ Taylee-Rose Amethyst (1/22/12) ~ Lyric Amelie (7/27/13) ~ Baby #6 due (9/21/14) ~

Coralie ~ Rhiannon ~ Rowan ~ Guinevere ~ Taryn ~ Aveline ~ Saoirse ~ Ember ~ Aspen ~ Acacia
    Asher ~ Evander ~ Tobias ~ Merrick ~ Jasper ~ Avery ~ Sebastien ~ Rune ~ Emrys ~ Atreyu