View Poll Results: Is Poppy usable?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, no problem.

69 78.41%
  • Definitely not.

19 21.59%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I would be surprised if I met a woman named Poppy--to me it is very nicknamey/cutesy. But I am in America, so I guess that's why. I wouldn't say it's not usable, considering it's common elsewhere, but my impression of the name is that it wouldn't age well.
    Some current considerations:

Sylvie Madeleine | Etta Rosalie | Miranda Sylvie | Margot Elspeth | Hazel Matilda
    Archer Daniel | Emmett Sebastian | Donovan Ezra | Leo Anderson | Lucian Matteo

Probably already been mentioned, but there must be hundreds of little girls named Poppy in the UK.
    They're everywhere!
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

The Brits like it but a lot of people call their dads and grandfathers Poppy. The sexual connotation comes from women calling their boyfriend/ hubby, Papi

I just find it cutesy and childish but cutesy names are popular overseas

Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Fox * Greer
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden

I love Poppy. I think it's cute and a refreshing change in the states from all the Violets, Lilys, and Roses we have. The only problem I could see with the name is I don't imagine it would age well.
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    -George R.R. Martin

alyssa ϟ twenty-one ϟ usa ϟ name lover

If I ever have a baby, I would name him or her:
    Charlotte Matilda |Augustus Henry

Anastasia Louise, Clara Penelope, Amelia Caitlin / Aiden James, Jase Alexander, Renly Isaac
    +more

Yes, the papi connection as kind of a sexy nickname for a Hispanic man is sort of problematic, and it also bugs me a little, the grandfather connection...but my real issue here is the phrase "popping her cherry" as a reference for a girl losing her virginity.