Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

How Much Does Popularity Matter?

My kids are Carson, Parker, Lena, and Rylan. This baby boy is due in 5 weeks but I've yet to make it past 38..so I feel crunched for time as I have posted numerous times. A name the kids, my husband, and I seem to agree on is Noah. We have Noah Maddox thus far. Any other thoughts? I love Liam as well, but I worry of the popularities of names a bit much I think. I am Courtney and there were several of us in my classes growing up and I hated it. Just toss around thoughts please. Any other random suggestions are most certainly welcome

I'm one of those oddballs who really doesn't put much stock into the popularity of names. To me, there's a reason they're popular usually because their classic or just nice names. That said, I'd try to go for popular classic names rather than popular trendy names. Noah sounds like a great choice!
    My Favorites:

Colette Kristine. Alice Evanna. Gemma Elizabeth. Mabel Verity. Rosalie Grace.

Jack Jeffrey. Carson Luke. Felix James. Leo Patrick. River Justin.

can't wait to marry my love!

I am avoiding the -aiden names although Caden was once a name I loved! I just wanted to try to get the children's names to go well at least

Popularity has never mattered to me. If I love a name I have multiple reasons as to why I love it. All names on my list have multiple connections to myself (and boyfriend) including family names, heritage, literature, history, and well sheer geekery. Because I feel connected to a very limited amount of names, my list is usually very stable; minus when I get whisked away by a name (those never truly last though). I think name popularity should just be an added bonus rather than the main reason for choosing a name. I think it's odd when someone says "I love this name, but it's too popular so I can't use it" and then check SSA standings and it's like #476.

In short: I think the story behind why you choose the name carries more weight than it's current popularity.

Popularity really doesn't matter all that much to me. I'm an Ashley, and I've known about 7 my age. So I didn't have a unique name at all, but that never bothered me. Actually when I was little I was VERY excited to find out my name was the #2 name. I know some don't like having a common name, but really it's not that bad for everyone. I think if you really love a name, popularity shouldn't change your choice. A good name is a good name, no matter how many people also think so. Just go with what you like. Noah sounds like a great name, and it fits well with your other kids' names. (Liam is also good)
    If I had a baby right now, I'd name it,
    Scarlett Amelia or Emerson Joseph.
    I also like Cashel, Gabriel, Genevieve, & Juliette. + So much more.
    I'm Ashley btw, and I'm 19!
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9822324