Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Using mn as given name?

I'm due any day and need to nail down our boy name. Husband and I have decided to use Scott as middle name because of family tradition. The first name we both like though is Jonas, but the ends with s/begins with s of Jonas Scott bugs me (not to mention it makes it sound like Jonah Scott and we both prefer Jonas). Could we flip it to Scott Jonas (much better flow) and call him Jonas? What are general thoughts on using mn as given name? Will he always be correcting and clarifying?? Also... Our first son is Samuel Douglas. How do you feel these names are as a sibset?

My dad has gone by his middle name his entire life with no issue. The worst that can happen is someone sees his name on an official document before they meet him and call him Scott. "I go by Jonas" is very easy to say. Honestly though, I wouldn't worry about Jonas Scott running together unless you plan to call him by both names. The flow of the first and last name is much more important.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

My husband goes by his middle name (as his first name is the same as his fathers) and he hates it. He often complains to his mum 'why didn't you just put the name you call me first?' But that is just his experience.

His mum, aunty and god-parents all go by their middle names as well and it doesn't seem to bother any of them!

Oh, and Samuel and Jonas is a fabulous sibset. (:

Many people do that very thing--I don't think it's odd, although I have heard a lot of people complaining about the issues they've had with getting people to call them by their middle name rather than their first. And honestly, I think Jonas Scott sounds a lot better than Scott Jonas--besides, 99% of the time, he'll just be known as Jonas, so I don't think it matters that much in the long run, and it's much less of a hassle that way. Either way, I think Samuel and Jonas are lovely for brothers.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George