Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help shorten my newest girl's list

So this is my not yet reviewed girls list which I'm sort of hoping you'll help me cut down a bit.

Jemima
    Ophelia
    Zosia
    Estella
    Eilidh
    Amelia
    Ottilie
    Iris
    Cecilia
    Mae/May
    Agnes
    Seraphine/a
    Greta/Margaret
    Beatrix
    Lana
    Arabella
    Tara*
    Tessla*
    Delphine*
    Madeleine*
    Tempest*
    Romilly*

* are the newest, Tessla and Tempest being the only 'truly' new ones.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Personally I'd cut the following:

Zosia - ZO-sha? ZOZ-ia? zo-SEE-uh?
    Agnes - Aggie is cute, but Agnes is still 'clunky old lady' to me
    Lana - Looks a bit plain
    Tessla - I think of Nikola Tesla straight away- X rays, electricity, radio etc. Not really a name IMO.
    Tempest - I just don't like. Perhaps it's the pest ending or it's foul-weather meaning.

All the others are lovely

Jemima - love it! I think it's really pretty and seems like a name that should be more popular than what it probably is. Also I think it wins the nickname game with Jem and Mina being two adorable options.
    Ophelia - I've always loved this name for other people. It's just not something I would see myself using, but I love seeing it on other people's lists. I just came across Ophelie today and I absolutely adore it. I may be adding that one to my list soon.
    Zosia - I'm not quite sure how to pronounce this? I'm assuming like the actress. It's kind of pretty. Not my style. I like Jemima a lot more.
    Estella - not a fan of this name.
    Eilidh - pretty sounding, but I think everyone this child ever meets with have to deal with spelling her name and saying it a few times. But it is really pretty.
    Amelia - love this! So pretty and classic.
    Ottilie - I've never heard of this name before and then suddenly I'm seeing it everywhere. I don't get the appeal.
    Iris - not my style, but I love this for other people. I think it makes a gorgeous middle name
    Cecilia - A little too old lady sounding for my taste...I prefer the similar sounding Amelia.
    Mae/May - I adore this in combos with three middle names. This really seems to work wonderfully as the middle name.
    Agnes - not my style at all
    Seraphine/a - love both! For which I like better, well it really depends on the combo. Lana Serephine flows better than Lana Seraphina and Seraphina Tempest flows better than Seraphine Tempest (imo)
    Greta/Margaret - dislike Greta a lot and Margaret has grown on me since I've fallen in love with Margaery
    Beatrix - not my style, but love it on other people's lists
    Lana - pretty old-Hollywood feel to it
    Arabella - love! Works great as a fn and a mn
    Tara - not a fan at all
    Tessla - not a fan, but I love Tessa
    Delphine - LOVE! Very pretty as a mn
    Madeleine - adore it!
    Tempest - I acutally really like this
    Romilly - and surprisingly I like this as well

My favorites: Jemima, Amelia, Seraphine/a, Beatrix, Tempest
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    -George R.R. Martin

alyssa ϟ twenty-one ϟ usa ϟ name lover

If I ever have a baby, I would name him or her:
    Charlotte Matilda |Augustus Henry

Anastasia Louise, Clara Penelope, Amelia Caitlin / Aiden James, Jase Alexander, Renly Isaac
    +more

Ah, I should have said, Zosia is ZO-shah.
    Zo rhyming with go.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

I would keep...

Jemima
    Estella
    Iris
    Cecilia
    Greta
    Beatrix
    Madeleine

Middle Names Only

Arabella
    Margaret
    Ophelia
    Amelia - A lovely name but being No# 1 where I live would bother me.
    Eilidh
    Ottilie
    Mae
    Agnes
    Seraphine
    Delphine
    Tempest
    Romilly

I would eliminate...

Zosia - this is very hard to say for non-Polish people. "ZAW-shah" wouldn't be intuitive for most English speakers.
    Lana - The old Hollywood glamour has lost its sparkle I'm afraid.
    Tara - I like the Irish historical connection but I knew an irritating girl with this name so I don't like it very much.
    Tessla - I've seen Tesla but not spelled this way

Combo Suggestions

Estella Mae (although I love Estella Pearl in your signature!
    Iris Margaret
    Cecilia Tempest
    Jemima Eilidh (I love your combo of Jemima Celeste too).
    Greta Delphine
    Beatrix Eilidh
    All the best,
    Mischa.